Using a deal from Groupon (and if you are lucky you may have some vouchers as I've got one for £25 off currently but this may be account specific), I've put together this deal to hike Everest Base Camp.
You can book your flights with Omega Flight Store at £831.10 for 2 people via Jet Airways with a short stop (or longer stop in India).
The Groupon price is based on 2 adults sharing so you will need to buy 2 vouchers at a cost of £1498.
I've done this route myself and you absolutely must include Gokyo Lakes and crossing Chola Pass. This was actually better than getting to Base Camp and KP and the views from Gokyo Ri were stunning. We did a DIY trip and booked our own accommodation in Kathmandu and hired a guide/porter ourselves, but there are many outfitters on Nepal who offer similar itineraries. We visited just before the earthquake :-( and it's such a shame to see some of the places we remember and visited to have been demolished. This is one of my all time favourite trips. Some tips:
- Forget showering, you will stink, everyone will stink, no one will care!
- Altitude, it makes no difference on your build, shape or size (although you do need to be physically fit to be able to so this, imagine climbing up Snowdon continuously for about 8 hrs a day for 2 weeks). We saw huge guys that were super fit that never got to complete the route, I did it with my wife who is asthmatic and we got on fine. Diamox can be got from your GP and Ginko Biloba can help too.
- Don't rush, take small and tiny steps. This helps with altitude. Watch the porters.
- Good insurance, with helicopter rescue! You need this and LV Premier cover hiking up to 6000m in their annual policy (highly recommend an annual policy). BMC also have good insurance.
- Tea houses on trek are basic but the food is good and you will be that tired and hungry you will eat lots and sleep well.
- The flight to and from Lukla is nerve-wrenching. I thought I was going to die (seriously) and comparible only to the fear I had in Peru flying over the Nazca lines (except I was also chucking up).
- Tip your porter(s) these guys are amazing.