So I posted a deal last year about sly Sky offering 75% off to returning customers. I duly cancelled in December 2013 and have been disconnected since Jan 2014. Now, I have been getting bored of the same old "You've Been Framed" re-runs on ITV2 every night so I thought I would call in to see if the deal was back in order to diversify my entertainment experience. Here's how I did it.
1. The beginning. Use saynoto0870.com to find the Sky number.
2. Here it is: 020 7126 7020
3. The Number. Call the number and ask to be directed through to cancellations and retention's. They might be all like "Whaaaat?!" so just say that you have received an offer through the post and you cant call 08442 numbers (Blocked from mobile and landline) and that you found this number to contact them on. At this point the nice lady took my details and informed me she would organise a call back for me as I was calling from a mobile.
4. The Wait. Wait and marvel at your awesome telephone skills.
5. The callback. Took around 5 mins to get back in touch with me and the nice lady took my details again. At first she was confused but I informed her I had cancelled my Sky due to overpriced prices and wanted the same deal I was on before. She took a few minutes and said that the deal was indeed available on my account. That deal was for Entertainment+, Movies, Sports and HD (basically all channels) BUT, there was an issue on price...
6. The issue on price. Was basically that Sky now have 2 ways of billing your HD package. One for Entertainment and another for Movies and Sports. Now because this deal includes both, we actually saved money here, taking the deal from around £24 a month which I was paying last year, to £20.75.
7. The fist pump. At this stage I went for a random fist pump of joy! Feel free to skip this step.
8. The cheeky Cashback. I asked for it, just like last time. £50 was supposed to be on offer. I was declined. She did say that it was available on the 50% off deal but that's not good so I told her I would continue with the deal.
9. The wrap up. I confirmed all the details, didn't inquire about a 2tb box for £50 as I already had one, who knows, it may be available too! I also added SkyGo Extra for a fiver taking it to around £25 a month. So all in, I had 12 months with Sky with HD and all channels for the grand some of £300 over the year. Not bad me thinks.
I know not everyone likes Sky, I'm not a fan of the prices, but the customer service when it comes to this, is awesome!
So if you are an ex customer, want in on a cheap deal, use the steps above. It will cost you nothing but a few inclusive minutes and about 10 minutes.
Hope this helps some lonely poor soul out there....or even you.