So Santanders 123 Credit is allowing customer to earn 1% cashback on flights, hotels and travel agents up until the 31st August. Along with that you get the additional cash back on your everyday shopping.
There is an £24 annual charge, however, if you an existing 123 Current Account holder, the 1st years charge will be refunded if you set up Direct Debit with it. Even if you do get charged, you will most probably end up making the money back within no time
Details of the 123 Credit Card:
- 1% cashback at all major supermarkets
Including Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, The Co-operative, Waitrose, Marks & Spencer, Budgens plus many others. For example, if you spend £400 on your supermarket shopping, we'll pay £4 onto your 1|2|3 Credit Card and you'll see it on your next monthly statement.
- 2% cashback at all major department stores
Including BHS, Debenhams, House of Fraser, John Lewis, Fenwick, Harrods, Harvey Nichols, Mothercare, Selfridges plus many others. For example, if you spend £100 in a department store, we'll pay £2 onto your 1|2|3 Credit Card and you'll see it on your next monthly statement.
- 3% cashback at all major petrol stations and on National Rail and Transport for London travel (on a combined spend of up to £300 a month) Petrol stations include BP, Shell, Esso, Texaco, Asda, Morrisons, Sainsbury's and many others. You can also earn cashback on tickets purchased for travel on National Rail (which includes all major UK train operating companies such as First Great Western, Greater Anglia, Arriva Train Wales, ScotRail and many others), from online train ticket retailers, for Transport for London travel, and trains operated in Northern Ireland by NI Railways. For example, if you spend £300 on a combination of petrol and train travel, you'll earn £9 cashback on your 1|2|3 Credit Card and you'll see it on your next monthly statement.
If you spend over £300 on a combination of petrol and train travel, the maximum cashback you will earn is £9.
Summer bonus cashback offer:
- Earn 1% bonus cashback with all major airlines, hotels and travel agents until the 31st August 2014. Full list of the Airlines, Hotels and Travel Agents can be found at http://www.santander.co.uk/csdlvlr/ContentServer?c=SANDocument_C&pagename=WCSUKPublicaLte%2FSANDocument_C%2FSANDocumentPreview&cid=1324571235212
Train tickets that don't qualify for cashback:
- TfL travel cards, passes and Oyster card top-ups purchased from newsagents, garages and off-licences, Northern Ireland Railways train tickets purchased online, train tickets purchased at travel agents and tour operators, and Eurotunnel Le Shuttle tickets do not qualify for cashback.
Exceptions to the rates of cashback you receive:
- Cashback at the rates above is earned at retailers categorised as supermarkets, department stores, petrol stations, passenger railways or railroads merchants by MasterCard.
There are a few exceptions to the rate of cashback that will be awarded to you. For example, Marks & Spencer stores are defined as a supermarket (not a department store), so you will earn 1% cashback there. Some petrol stations may be classed as supermarkets too depending on if they are part of the supermarket or a separate business.
Receiving your cashback:
- We'll pay the total cashback you earn each month onto your 1|2|3 Credit Card and you'll see it on your monthly statement. You can also see how much you've earned in Online and Mobile Banking
The annual fee:
- We'll charge the £24 annual fee to your card as soon as you activate it and then again each year in the same month you took the card the out (this may be different to the month you activated the card). If you already have a 1|2|3 Current Account, or open one, we'll refund the first year's annual fee on your 1|2|3 Credit Card
First year fee refund:
Offer valid until 31 December 2014. To qualify for this refund you must:
- open or hold a 1|2|3 Current Account
- open or hold a 1|2|3 Credit Card
- set up a Direct Debit from the 1|2|3 Current Account to pay your 1|2|3 Credit Card within 30 days of either opening your 1|2|3 Current Account or 1|2|3 Credit Card (whichever occurs latest).
- Purchases: you'll pay 0% for 18 months then the standard purchase rate of 12.7% p.a. will apply.
- Cash transactions: you'll pay 29.9% p.a.
- You can see a useful summary of all the interest rates at http://www.santander.co.uk/csdlvlr/ContentServer?c=SANDocument_C&pagename=WCSUKPublicaLte%2FSANDocument_C%2FSANDocumentPreview&cid=1324566122640
I've had this credit card for a couple months and each month I earn around £20 Cashback. Hope this helps :)