Our tale begins as Luso, an energetic young boy, discovers a mysterious book whilst tidying the library as a punishment for his latest episode of light-hearted mischief. He opens the book and is transported to another world called Ivalice. Before he can catch his breath, he finds himself joining a clan led by a friendly, if gruff, man named Cid. With his new clan at his side, he sets out to find a way home
* Enjoy turn-based, tactical battles on isometric 2D maps set in the hugely popular FINAL FANTASY® universe
* Lead a clan of fighters, mages and more as you explore the world of Ivalice, the setting of FINAL FANTASY XII
* Battle enemies with steel, magick and summoned monsters
* Amazing graphics with special effects that push the limits of the Nintendo DS
* Immersive soundtrack from the composer of FINAL FANTASY XII
* Endless variety and customization with over 50 available jobs more than any other FINAL FANTASY game
* More than 300 quests provide hours upon hours of gameplay
* Enhanced Law System that rewards players for upholding the law with bonuses during and after battle
* Compete with rival clans to claim territory in the unique Auction mini-game
* Includes touch screen functionality, a feature not included in the original Japanese version
Release date: 27th June 2008
Just got this game from BlahDVD.com for £17.92 (w/ 8% Quidco although this didn't track yet). The Hut offers this at £17.83 (w/ 5% Quidco) so choose which one you prefer but I'd say go for The Hut (relating from past experiences).
As for the game itself, it's not like other final fantasy RPGs games. It's more like Advance Wars but with Mages, Chocobos, Hunters etc. Definitely one of the better games on the DS. Only DS wireless play though (2 players) and the battle system is a bit tedious but thankfully there's a quicksave feature.
IGN gave it a well deserved 9.0 (out of 10).
Full review can be found here:http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/883/883264p1.html