* New features to Football Manager 2008
* Match Flow - The largest change to match-day in a Sports Interactive game since the introduction of the 2D match engine. Match flow brings more atmosphere to match-days with match previews, team talks, opposition player instructions, the match itself, half time and post match.
* International Management - The international management gameplay has been completely revamped including media improvements, international retirements, player interaction, international scouting, improved pool selection, captain selection and a separation of international and club morale for players.
* Easier to Use - A much cleaner skin, a brand new advisor system to help players through various areas of the game. A new notes and notebook system, better button positioning for simpler navigation and an updated tutorial and manual. Also, coach reports make taking over a new team easier, and the new calendar system lists all important dates throughout the season.
* Confidence - Players can now easily tell what the board and supporters think about their performance in the game through the new confidence section.
* Transfer Centre - A new way of managing all current transfer and loan bids for a players club, both incoming and outgoing, making it easier to compare bids and reject or accept them.
* Finances Revamp - Updated finance area of Football Manager 2008 to better reflect the ever changing football world, with more information available to the manager too.