As the only official interactive game of the FIA Formula One World Championship, this is the chance for gamers to rewrite the 2006 season with all the official drivers, teams, cars, circuits and racing rules. Enhanced driving aids allow Formula One newcomers to enjoy the exhilaration and thrill of the sport while online play will demonstrate whom the real world champion is with a full 22-car grid. Adding to the fun, PlayStation 3s SIXAXIS Wireless Controller will enable gamers to discover a new way of racing with its motion sensing technology.
Loaded with High Definition visuals, full surround sound audio, extensive circuit details and lighting effects, progressive car damage and changing weather conditions, Formula One Championship Edition is the only way to fully interact with the sport. Gamers will experience the real pressure of a Grand Prix race thanks to interactive pit stops, formations laps, unexpected collisions and race incidents. Formula One has evolved, welcome to the next level in racing.
* The 2006 Season - Featuring all the official cars, circuits, drivers and teams of the 2006 FIA Formula One World Championship, including Scuderia Torro Rosso, Super Aguri F1 Team and Midland F1 Racing.
* Next Generation Experience - Greater processing power on the PS3 system and Blu-ray technology enables high definition visuals, full surround sound, extensive circuit details and lighting effects, progressive dirt and car damage make for the most realistic racing experience to date.
* Wireless Motion Sensing Technology - The PlayStation 3s SIXAXIS controller utilizes Bluetooth technology to detect natural and intuitive movements for real-time and high precision interactive play. Gamers can opt to drive the vehicles in Formula One Championship Edition by simply moving the SIXAXIS controller.
* Race Online - bring your racing skills online and race your friends at speeds over 200 mph. Complete online feature set includes stat tracking and leaderboards.
* True Realism - Feel the buzz of the paddock and the excitement of race day with authentic pre-race car preparations. Warm up your tires and get ready for the race with the parade lap.
* Live Action Racing - Experience the real pressure of a Grand Prix race thanks to unexpected collisions and race incidents.
* Introduction of the Safety Car - Choose the correct race strategy when the safety car is out: will you make an early pit stop to avoid being stuck in the traffic?