The Forsyte Saga, in telling the remarkable story of a nouveau riche English family, introduced the world to a new kind of TV. Millions of people devoted the next half year of their lives to following the frank treatment of all the sins, foibles and peccadillos of the Forsytes and their circle. The passing decades can never the erase the memory of their extraordinary evenings with the Forsytes: Kenneth More as Jo, the philosophical outsider; Eric Porter as Soames, the grasping man of property; Nyree Dawn Porter as Irene, "born to be loved and to love" and in later episodes, Susan Hampshire in an Emmy-winning performance as Fleur, Soame's 'restless' daughter. With 150 characters, 2000 separate costumes and over 100 sets, this sprawling yet intimate saga continues to move, provoke and entrance viewers today.
* From the rehearsal room (From 'Late Night Line Up' 1967)
* Interviews behind the scenes (from 'Late Night Line Up' 1967)
* Soames vs. Irene (from 'Late Night Line Up' 1969)
* The Forsyte Phenomenon (from 'Talkback' 1969)
* Deleted and alternate scenes