LED head torches are the latest technology to grace the outdoor market and normally retail for £30-40 mark, as shown here:http://www.v12outdoor.com/catalog/index.php?page=11&osCsid=4081185bfcec5c6efc4efb7ed2eba49d
This is a quality head torch that has all the features (shown below) of the ones costing three times the amount. Google online reviews and they have outstanding reviews/feedback from serious outdoor users. A great deal!
* Instant off from any mode
* 1W LED or 5mm LED modes
* Single multi operation button
* White, Green and Red LEDs
* Pivotable head unit
* Emergency strobe mode
* Adjustable elastic headband
* Water resistant
* Duracell batteries included
* Red light on battery pack with strobe mode, ideal for walking down dark country lanes.
* 1 x 1W Luxeon LED (up to 51 lumens)
* 3 x 5mm LED's Red, White, Green (1.8 lumens)
* Weight: 118g with batteries
* Batteries: 3 x 1.5V AAA alkaline (included)
* 1W LED: 10hrs HIGH [Maximum Output: 4hrs]
* 1W LED: 20hrs LOW
* 1W LED: 25hrs STROBE
* 5mm LED: 80hrs
* Red strobe light: 160hrs
The Gamma Headtorch functions from a single multi operation button. Press once and the Gamma will illuminate in the mode it was used in last (either in 1W LED or 0.5mm LED mode). Pressing the switch again will cycle through the currently selected mode. To switch between modes turn Gamma on and then press and hold the button for 3 seconds.
* 1W Mode: High > Low > Strobe > Off
* 0.5mm LED Mode: White > Green > Red > Red strobe > Off
* Red backlight: Red > Strobe > Off
Gamma has not been designed to work with lithium batteries. Lithium batteries have a high output during discharge which means they can cause the torch to overheat and possibly damage electronics and LEDs. We recommend using a good quality alkaline battery such as Energizer or Duracell. Cheap batteries are more likely to leak and leave a gooey mess on the contacts.