Just got an email from nationwide stating that if you transfer to a flex account you will receive £75 after 8 weeks.
Done this last time around when it was only £50.
All I did to honour the terms & conditions was create a small standing order to a friend from a dormant account and used that account to switch.
Check T&C no15 - seems only available to the named recipient of this email.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The FlexAccount £75 online switcher offer is subject to the following conditions:
1. This offer is available from 11 February 2010 to 5 March 2010. We reserve the right to end this offer at any time. Applications made before the start of the promotion or after the promotion has ended will not qualify for this offer.
2. This offer is not available to employees of the Nationwide Group.
3. This offer is only available online.
4. This offer is open to FlexAccount customers that hold or are eligible for Visa debit cards on their FlexAccount and are registered with the Internet Bank ("qualifying customers"). This offer is not available to customers with a Cash Card Account or FlexAccount with only a chequebook and cash card/cheque guarantee card.
5. This offer is not available to customers with a FlexAccount or any other Nationwide product that has been in collections or arrears within the last three months.
6. To be eligible for the offer, if you are a qualifying customer, you must sign on to the Nationwide Internet Bank and complete and submit a Transfer my account to Nationwide' form within the Internet Bank to transfer all your Direct Debits, standing orders and bill payments from an account with another bank or building society to a qualifying FlexAccount. To do this select your account, click on Transfer my account to Nationwide' and choose Transfer all my payments for me'. If you choose Send me a list and let me choose' you will not qualify for this offer.
7. If you are a new customer, to qualify you must open a new FlexAccount online which must be eligible for a Visa debit card and then ask us to transfer all your Direct Debits, standing orders and bill payments from an account with another bank or building society to your new FlexAccount by choosing Option A Transfer all my payments' as part of your application. If you choose Option B Send me a list to choose from' you will not qualify for this offer.
8. You must use our online Account Transfer Service to transfer your account. If you transfer your Direct Debits, standing orders or bill payments yourself or you do not have any Direct Debits, standing orders or bill payments to transfer to your FlexAccount, you will not qualify for this offer.
9. You can transfer an existing joint account into a joint FlexAccount but only in the same names as the original account. If you want to transfer an existing joint account to a FlexAccount in one name only we will need permission from both account holders to do this. You cannot transfer an existing sole account into a joint FlexAccount.
10. You will not qualify for this offer if:
You ask us to delay the start of your account transfer; or
Your account transfer has not completed within 3 months of the offer ending.
11. The £75 payment will be made directly into your FlexAccount within 8 weeks of us completing your account transfer including the transfer of your standing orders and bill payments and advising your Direct Debit companies of the change in your account details.
12. If you close your account before the £75 payment is made into your account you will not qualify for this offer.
13. This offer may not be used in conjunction with other Nationwide offers.
14. Only one £75 payment will be made per customer regardless of the number of qualifying accounts held. For qualifying joint accounts only one £75 payment will be made per qualifying FlexAccount.
15. This offer is only available to the named recipient of this email.
terms and conditions apply