Superb price, cheapest I've seen it.
Might be worth checking if they have it in stores nationwide, weblink here: http://www.graingergames.co.uk/default.asp
This is no demo or spin-off, this is the game every car enthusiast has been waiting for as the legendary real driving simulator finally rolls off the production line. The result of four years work by a team of hundreds, this is the game the PlayStation 3 was made for.
It goes without saying that the new game looks astonishing - far better even than Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - but as ever the beauty of Gran Turismo is that it drives as realistically as it looks. With the 950 different cars modelled to a higher degree of accuracy than ever before this also features more manufacturers than any other game - including, for the first time ever, Lamborghini and Bugatti.
Other fan demands that have finally been met too, including fully realistic damage-modelling, a 16-player online mode, dynamic weather changes and night racing. Any more realistic than this and you'd be knocked out by the petrol fumes.
* Real simulator - The definitive version of the most realistic driving game ever finally hits the PlayStation 3 with more cars, tracks and features than ever before.
* Virtual showroom - Photorealistic graphics simulate hundreds of cars in exacting detail - from the smallest nuts and bolts to the unique handling of every model.
* Stig friendly - New official licenses include Ferrari, WRC and NASCAR - as well as the test track from the BBC's Top Gear show.
* Damage control - For the first time new damage modelling lets you see the damage your car - and your opponents' - endures throughout the race.
* Gran Turismo Live - Race online with fans around the world in the brand new 16-player multiplayer mode.
About the Developer: Polyphony Digital
One of Sony's most important in-house developers, this studio is run almost as a separate company after the huge success of the Gran Tursimo driving simulator. They've made few other games but did find time for motorbike spin-off Tourist Trophy and shoot 'em-up Omega Boost.
The next installment of the award-winning Gran Turismo simulation racing franchise, Gran Turismo 5, is designed for play exclusively to the PlayStation 3 system. Known for its signature beauty and precision, this highly anticipated racer showcases new jaw-dropping cars, real-life tracks, and diverse racing styles. Gran Turismo 5 promises to deliver exciting advancements to the series, and in the process deliver in the most comprehensive racing experience ever.
True to its pedigree, Gran Turismo 5 takes the GT series, as well as the simulation racing genre as a whole, to a whole new level. The game features over 1,000 realistically rendered cars. This is nearly 300 more than were included in GT4 for PlayStation 2, and literally several hundred more than what was available in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, the first GT game variation developed for PS3. This tremendous list includes standard categories of vehicles, including stock cars, tuned pre tuned vehicles and tunables, but keeping with modern automotive technology GT5 also includes the latest, hybrid and electric car models. Just like any car, these can be raced, but as with their real-life cousins, players can also do things with these cars like monitor battery power as related to speed and other car usage. In addition, GT 5 features over 20 courses, more than 60 variations, a new physics engine allowing for realistic damage, a new in-cockpit view, HD support, and much more.