* 120 Vehicles - 70 more than GTA3, including rideable motorbikes
* Improved AI will allow for more intelligent gangs and police
* Over 10 hours of music will feature in the game, including 90 licensed songs with tracks from Judas Priest, Grandmaster Flash, Kool and the Gang, Cutting Crew and Flock of Seagulls.
* The new city will be over twice the size of the one featured in predecessor GTA3
* Players will now be able to wander round indoor environments, including casinos, hotels and discos
* Vocal talent supplied by Hollywood heavyweight Ray Liotta
Welcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s.
Having just made it back onto the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch in maximum security, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. They were understandably nervous about his re-appearance in Liberty City, so a trip down south seemed like a good idea. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in the glamorous, hedonistic metropolis of Vice City. He's set up and is left with no money and no merchandise. Sonny wants his money back, but the biker gangs, Cuban gangsters, and corrupt politicians stand in his way. Most of Vice City seems to want Tommy dead. His only answer is to fight back and take over the city himself.
From the decade of big hair, excess and pastel suits comes a story of one man's rise to the top of the criminal pile as Grand Theft Auto returns to the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system. Vice City is a huge urban sprawl ranging from the beach to the swamps and the glitz to the ghetto, and is the most varied, complete and alive digital city ever created. Combining non-linear gameplay with a character driven narrative, you arrive in a town brimming with delights and degradation and are given the opportunity to take it over as you choose.
Vice City offers vehicular pleasures to suit every taste. For the speed enthusiast, there's high-performance cars and motorbikes. For the sportsman, a powerboat or a golf buggy lets you enjoy the great outdoors. For those that need that sense of freedom and escape, why not charter a helicopter and see the beauty of Vice City from the air?
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is an entirely new game set in the '80s, the location is Vice City, and the vibe is glamour, power and corruption...