You might already be familiar with h2g - The Hedonists' Guide to various individual cities around the world. These are books.
But from today they're publishing EVERYTHING they've ever created as a single iPhone app. I was a bit suss about parting with a tenner for an information app, but took the plunge and love it! Really great app that will come in useful - and hopefully added to in the future!!
In book form, this costs £140 on their website
• 41 cities with around 12,000 reviews in total, as well as photographs and contact details for everywhere featured
• Augmented reality for a 360-degree view of each review
• Foursquare check-ins to tell your friends where you are, and to see who’s already there
• Sharing venues through emails, Twitter and Facebook for savvy social media types
• Creation of itineraries to make for structured, well-advised trips
• Adding to favourites for bookmarking and coming back to later
• Music playlists inspired by each city and compiled by well-known DJs
• Geo-tagging venues for pin-pointing what’s around you
• Sorting by distance so you don’t have to walk for miles
• Roaming charges kept to a minimum with content that is native to the phone