HSBC are running an offer on their Plus account, a paid account with benefits. In the past I've dismissed these accounts, but they are worth looking at if you require / use a number of the extras elsewhere. HSBC offer the following benefits -
* Free worldwide travel insurance for the family
* UK Breakdown assistance
* ID theft assistance
* 50% off premiums for Unemployment, Sickness, Trauma & Life cover
* Automatic £3000 accidental death benefit for your spouse / partner
* Better rates on their savings account
* 10% interest rebate on personal loans
* 0.1% discount on mortgage rates
So the cost of the account is normally £155.40. With this offer it is £116.52 for the first year. I have annual travel insurance & basic AA vehicle only cover that comes to £148 / year. To that I need to add Life cover & cover for my 2nd car, so paying for this account would work for me, and the discount makes it a good deal, imho.
I thought I'd post it as I think it's a good deal, but I'm also interested to see what kind of reaction it gets in case I've missed something obvious and it turns out not to be a good deal ....