The world's first DVB-T2 receiver turns your PC into a Freeview HD PVR!
PCTV nanoStick T2 is the world's first DVB-T2 receiver and turns your PC and laptop into an HDTV PVR. The included TVCenter application lets you time shift and record TV shows and even stream Live-TV and TV recordings to your iPhone, iPad or other PCs and Macs. PCTV nanoStick T2 is fully backward compatible to DVB-T and delivers outstanding reception for both standards. Other features include extra-fast Teletext and support for Windows Media Center (DVB-T only). DVB-T antenna, USB extension cable and mini remote control are included.
PCTV nanoStick T2 is a compact USB tuner for the next gen digital terrestrial TV (DVB-T2). Now you can watch, time shift and record free HDTV (Freeview HD) in perfect picture quality on your PC and laptop.
PCTV nanoStick T2 also supports SDTV reception (DVB-T) and its streaming from a Windows PC to an iPhone or iPad. TV recordings with nanoStick T2 on your hard disk can be scheduled and played back from these mobile devices as well as from any PC or MAC via its web browser - never miss your favourite TV show.
* USB 2.0 TV tuner for DVB-T2, DVB-T,
* Mini remote control (battery included)
* DVB-T antenna
* USB extender cable
* CD with TVCenter application, drivers and user manual
* Quick start guide
Minimum System Requirements
* Microsoft® Windows 7® or Windows Vista with latest Service Pack, 1 GB RAM
* Or Windows XP (32 bit) with latest Service Pack, 512 MB RAM
* PC with 1.5 GHz processor for SD TV
* For HDTV: 2,6 GHz multi core processor
* Hard disk with min. 1 GB free capacity (20 GB free capacity recommended)
* Sound and graphics with support for DirectX® 9 or higher
* USB 2.0 port
* CD/DVD drive for software installation
* Internet connection for software
Important notes on DVB-T/T2 reception:
Please ask your dealer whether DVB-T is available in your region. DVB-T reception is depending on location and might be impaired by thick or steel-enforced walls, and high neighbouring buildings. In such environments, an outdoor / roof-top DVB-T antenna is required. Mobile reception of DVB-T, e.g. in a car or train, is in general not possible.
Please check the Freeview HD coverage at your home here: http://www.freeview.co.uk/HD
Highlights of the PCTV systems nanoStick T2 290e DVB-T2
* Lets you receive all unencrypted Freeview HD channels
* Streams live-TV to iPhone, iPad or any Mac or PC
Nothing special regarding the price, though I suppose if you compare it to the HD PVRs (still ~£200) it's a very cheap way of getting the same capabilities.
The real reason for posting is that this is the first DVB-T2 PC dongle to hit the market, and Dabs is the first company to have stock available for purchase (68 items at time of writing).
A Hot product, rather than a Hot price?
Don't forget quidco cashback too.
Also, there is a £10 off a £100 spend voucher for existing BT Shop customers which might be of use if you are purchasing more than just this.