Bought mine yesterday , These are the latest models 1228 not the old 1212 ... So grab a bargain .
* Built-in hardware H.264 high definition encoder, for high performance, high quality TV recordings
* Component video input from most high definition cable TV and satellite TV receivers. Optical or stereo audio inputs
* Record high definition video at up to 1080i resolution, 720p or VGA/D1
* Record at data rates from 1Mbs to 13.5Mbs, constant and Variable Bit Rate
* Blu-ray format AVCHD recordings, so you can burn your TV recordings onto a standard DVD disk (up to 2 hours of video at 5MBits/sec) and playback on Blu-ray DVD players
* Includes HD software video player, so you can playback recordings to your PC screen
* Audio/Video component video loop through to allow HD recording and viewing at the same time
* High Performance Noise Reduction Function
* NTSC,PAL and SECAM Support
* IR receiver for remote control
* IR Blaster to change the TV channels in your set top box.