The Deskstar P7K500 hard drive provides an exceptional blend of power efficiency and performance making it an ideal solution for consumer and enterprise power-friendly PCs. Delivers best-in-class power management and thermal emissions to help manufacturers meet energy compliance targets and extend drive life.
SATA or Serial ATA (Advanced Technology Attachment) is the next generation drive interface, following the traditional Parallel ATA (PATA). These Hitachi Deskstar SATA II hard drives offer a maximum transfer rate of up to 300MB/s compared to traditional parallel-ATA transfer speeds of 133MB/s. For more information on SATA technology and the advantages that it offers, follow this link.
- SATA II 3.0Gbit/s interface allows high interface data transfer rates up to 300MB/s
- Up to 40 percent operational power savings over previous generation products
- Capacities up to 500GB
- Built on industry?s most reliable PMR technology
- Interface: SATA 3.0GB/sec
- Rotational Speed: 7200rpm
- Internal Data Transfer Rate: 1138 Mbit/sec
- External Data Transfer Rate: 133 MB/sec
- Buffer Size: 8/16MB
- Weight: 550g
These drives are sold unformatted, please see our knowledgebase at http://www.svp.co.uk/helpdesk
for instructions on how to format a disc.
Please Note: This item is sold as a bare OEM drive. No cables, installation screws or software are included.