Iams 3kg dry cat food- chicken £8 @ Tesco - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HotUKDeals, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HotUKDeals app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit
4Expired

Iams 3kg dry cat food- chicken £8.00 @ Tesco

£8.00 @ Tesco
Got this deal in Tesco today and thought it was a mis-price as it had a standard price ticket on it, asda seem to have it at £8.00 too though. Normally around £15.00 in most shops so we were very plea… Read More
Hendy Avatar
6y, 3m agoFound 6 years, 3 months ago
Got this deal in Tesco today and thought it was a mis-price as it had a standard price ticket on it, asda seem to have it at £8.00 too though. Normally around £15.00 in most shops so we were very pleased....
More From Tesco:

All Comments

(17) Jump to unreadPost a comment
Comments/page:
1 Like #1
iams..... cold from me :(
#2
no1john
iams..... cold from me :(


EXPLAIN why please to help others......
1 Like #3
mat297
no1john
iams..... cold from me :(
EXPLAIN why please to help others......

Click here to read about iams cruelty
#4
Cold from me too sorry, extremely over priced for the ingredients. Check this threat at pet forums.

http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-health-nutrition/116753-z-dry-food-cats.html
#5
Is there any supermarket pet food that is good for the pet and don't test on animals?
banned#6
Cruelty in a bag for cats!

and thats just the quality of the 'food'
banned#7
dmartins13
Is there any supermarket pet food that is good for the pet and don't test on animals?

no!
1 Like #8
Hot from me.

You'll find an animal testing story behind a large number of products that are for everyday use, it happens.

Regardless of that can you find it cheaper?? If not then it's hot I'm afraid.

I got a load in ASDA a week or so ago, it is a really good price for this stuff.
banned#9
Stu
Hot from me.

You'll find an animal testing story behind a large number of products that are for everyday use, it happens.

Regardless of that can you find it cheaper?? If not then it's hot I'm afraid.

I got a load in ASDA a week or so ago, it is a really good price for this stuff.

it may be hot on price but its really bad nutritionally for pets so cold from me

still, not as bad as whiskas and that junk pet food but not far off. Cats need meat of which iams contains little. Mainly grain product which does zero for their health but keeps them feeling fed and happy

Edited By: csiman on Feb 28, 2011 17:47
#10
dmartins13
Is there any supermarket pet food that is good for the pet and don't test on animals?


Depends on the supermarket. Sainsburies do Encore, very high meat content and grain free, they do a dry complete and a complimentary wet.

There's also Feline fayre and hilife, both wet foods, but I can never remember what supermarket they are in.

Asda also do top life chicken dinners which is 93% meat and £1 for a 395g carton.

But considering the amount of filler filler crap there is, there's only a tiny selection of good food available in the supermarkets.
#11
Wotan
dmartins13
Is there any supermarket pet food that is good for the pet and don't test on animals?


Depends on the supermarket. Sainsburies do Encore, very high meat content and grain free, they do a dry complete and a complimentary wet.

There's also Feline fayre and hilife, both wet foods, but I can never remember what supermarket they are in.

Asda also do top life chicken dinners which is 93% meat and £1 for a 395g carton.

But considering the amount of filler filler crap there is, there's only a tiny selection of good food available in the supermarkets.


Sorry when i said supermarkets, i didn't mean own brand. Is Gourmet, sheba, royal canin, james wellbeloved not any good?
#12
Well I can say that my cat loves it and it has a lot better content than cheaper dried foods we've seen before such as whiskas
#13
dmartins13
Is there any supermarket pet food that is good for the pet and don't test on animals?


yep, co-op do a range of pouches and cans which is free from all the crap you get in stuff like wiskas. my oldest cat can't eat dry food (like arden grange, james well beloved) and loves the co-op stuff.

Edited By: nedge2k on Feb 28, 2011 22:50
#14
dmartins13


Sorry when i said supermarkets, i didn't mean own brand. Is Gourmet, sheba, royal canin, james wellbeloved not any good?


No, basically. gourmet and sheba are total rubbish, JWB and royal canin are a level up, but still HUGELY over priced for the ingredients.

The foods I mentioned above aren't own brands, they're basically other foods rebranded, encore is applaws rebranded by sainsburys and toplife is bozita rebranded by asda.
1 Like #15
nedge2k
dmartins13
Is there any supermarket pet food that is good for the pet and don't test on animals?


yep, co-op do a range of pouches and cans which is free from all the crap you get in stuff like wiskas. my oldest cat can't eat dry food (like arden grange, james well beloved) and loves the co-op stuff.


Co-op isn't any better looking at the ingredients sorry. 4% meat and animal derivatives for an obligate carnivore is pretty abysmal. And that will mean the other 96% is filler, IE, crap. I'm refering to co-ops own cat food. My apologies if you're talking of a different brand.

Edited By: Wotan on Feb 28, 2011 23:07
banned#16
Wotan
nedge2k
dmartins13
Is there any supermarket pet food that is good for the pet and don't test on animals?


yep, co-op do a range of pouches and cans which is free from all the crap you get in stuff like wiskas. my oldest cat can't eat dry food (like arden grange, james well beloved) and loves the co-op stuff.


Co-op isn't any better looking at the ingredients sorry. 4% meat and animal derivatives for an obligate carnivore is pretty abysmal. And that will mean the other 96% is filler, IE, crap. I'm refering to co-ops own cat food. My apologies if you're talking of a different brand.

yep, that co-op food looks crap as well.

we use royal canin 33 dry and almo nature wet. Could we get better value using anything else? Thanks

RC 33 - Ingredients:
Dehydrated poultry meat,rice, maize,, poultry fat, maize gluten, egg powder,dehydrated poultry liver,beet pulp, yeasts, minerals, vegetable fibres, vegetable oil, fish oil, fructo-oligo-saccharides,trace-elements, DL-Methionine, L-lysine, taurine, vitamins.

Average analysis:
Protein 33.0 % Fat 22.0 % Ash 7.0 % Fibre 2.0 % Dietary fibre 5.7 %Phosphorus 1.0 % Magnesium 0.08 % Metabolisable Energy 4550 kcal/kg Urinary pH: 6.0-6.5
#17
You very much could get a better dry than RC. Have a look at the link to petforums I posted. Has a list of dry foods, also shows feeding amounts and cost per day to feed. Almo nature is great, pretty much just meat isn't it.

Royal canin costs about 44p per 100g, applaws (grain free, 80% meat) is only 53p, fish4cats (again grain free) is 40p. So better value than RC. The threat I linked to really is very useful, have a good read.

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Top of Page
Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!