**PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS, REQUEST OR OFFER REFERRALS ON THIS THREAD **
//// N. Ireland customers should be aware that this offer doesn't seem to apply to them - ask a friend in Eng, Wal or Sco... ////
UPDATES FROM we8vale:-
1) 2 litre bottles of all varieties of coke should give you 3 points a pop, 2 for £2 as Asda
2) 10 can packs of Zero are coming up with 10 reward points - well done chris3lx on spotting this angle. Available from Netto at a price (2 x 10 packs for £5) that takes this deal to sub £100 IIRC.
3) iPod Touch is 2nd Gen
4) Beware that coke state that a max of 200 points can be added per calendar month - this restriction wasn't enforced yesterday when I added 230+ points. Their FAQs contradict this and say that you can enter 3000 codes a month!!
5) Peace and Love, peace and love (thanks to Ringo Starr for that one...) :)
** Edited to fit in with self-promo rules re referrals, plus a couple of extra hints **
For a while Coca-cola have been running their coke-zone scheme, allowing regular coke drinkers to get rewards. I've had an Wii game before.
They've really upped their game now though, as for 400 points you can get an iPod Touch 8Gb for free. As standard, you get 3 points for a 2 litre bottle of regular / diet / or coke zero, and 2 points for a 500ml bottle.
However, as part of a 007 promotion, they are also offering 3 points at the moment with specially branded 6 x 330ml cans of coke zero. Sainsburys have coke zero on BOGOF for £2.52, meaning you get 2 x 3 = 6 points for £2.52
Okay, to start collecting, you need an account on coke-zone. If you get an existing coke-zone member to recommend you, you get 20 bonus points as soon as you've entered 10 points worth of codes. In reality therefore, you only need 380 points to get the iPod. The next little win is that they have a monthly survey, where if you answer one quick poll, you get two bonus points. Still with me? That leaves 378 points for your iPod.
378 / 3 = 126 x 6 x 330ml packs of coke zero = ** £158.76 **
On top of this, you might have a Sainsburys voucher, plus you'll get nectar points too. If you spend over £50 you get a 5p fuel voucher, so you could also get 3 vouchers if you buy them in 3 separate chunks. Obviously, there's always credit card cashback etc, so maybe another 1% there.
I bought 70 packs from my store this morning, in two lots, as I had already had quite a few points. No-one batted an eyelid at the amount I bought, and they had at least 300 packs on display in my store, which is quite small.
OK, first step is to get invited by an existing member. Then go out and get you COKE ZERO cans. Remember, this is based on buying COKE ZERO 6 x 330ml packs, not regular or diet coke, or other pack sizes.
I suspect the iPods will only be on offer for the next week or so, so hurry. They are also going to be giving away an Xbox 360 later this month. I don't know how many points for, but would imagine it would be similar. You could save your points for that, if you don't want an iPod.
I'm not sure when the BOGOF ends at Sainsburys...?
This is in theory available online, but remember you have to get the JAMES BONDED branded packs (they mention coke zone on the packaging).
1. The codes are on little cards in the middle of the 330ml packs, you can get them out without opening the whole pack.
2. COKE ZERO are the only cans you get codes with, not diet / regular etc
3. I have already done this deal this morning, and it all worked fine
4. Allow an hour or so to get the cards out the packs and enter the codes
5. Details also at http://www.cokezone.co.uk
Just a quick note for anyone interested in this - you have NO warranty with your ipod touch this way as it is a "free gift" for the purposes of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 as am. This means if it goes wrong you'll have no recourse at all, and given the saving is £10 (+ enough coke to result in massive dental bills) it is worth asking if its worth it before spending hours trawling round buying cans of coke (and the petrol / time that will take even if you consider your time to be worth minimum wage!).