Great film at a cracking price ideal xmas present for a Trekkie
From director J.J. Abrams (Lost and Alias) comes a new vision of the greatest space adventure of all time, Star Trek, featuring a young, new crew venturing boldly where no man has gone before. The film stars Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Eric Bana.
* 1. Commentary by director J.J. Abrams, writers Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman, producer Damon Lindelof and executive producer Bryan Burk.
* 2. A New Vision - A look at every aspect of production-from unique locations to the use of classic Hollywood camera tricks.
* 3. Gag Reel-Bloopers featuring the entire principal cast.
* 4. Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary
* 5. To Boldly Go - Director J.J. Abrams, writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, producer Damon Lindelof, and executive producer Bryan Burk talk about the many challenges they faced and their strategy for success.
* 6. Casting - The cast, for their part, talk about the experience of trying to capture the essence of these mythic characters.
* 7. Aliens - Designers Neville Page and Joel Harlow talk about the hurdles they faced creating new alien species, recreating the Romulans and Vulcans, and designing the terrifying creatures on Delta Vega for the new Star Trek.
* 8. Score - Composer Michael Giacchino embraced the challenge of creating new music for Star Trek while preserving the spirit of Alexander Courage's celebrated theme.
* 9. Starships - This chapter focuses on the unique stories behind the creation of the film's starships
* 10. Planets - The art department had a number of radically different planets to create. Abrams' desire to shoot on real locations whenever possible led the production team to a number of strange and surprising locations.
* 11. Props and Costumes - Russell Bobbitt had the unique challenge of designing props that were both true to the original series and pertinent to today. Likewise, costume designer Michael Kaplan talks about how he designed costumes that paid homage to a classic
* 12. Ben Burtt and the Sounds of Star Trek - When famed sound designer Ben Burtt was hired to create sounds for the first Star Wars film, he took his inspiration from the original
* 13. Gene Roddenberry's Vision - J.J. Abrams, Leonard Nimoy, previous Star Trek writers and producers, and scientific consultant Carolyn Porco describe and commend the optimistic and enduring vision of Gene Roddenberry.
* 14. Starfleet Vessel Simulator - Explore extensive data on the U.S.S. Enterprise and the Romulan ship, the Narada. Submerse yourself in breathtaking 360° views and close-ups and review detailed tech information.