Narrated by Lennon himself, the release of this revealing and personal documentary is timed to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the performer's untimely death (December 8, 1980).
Imagine: John Lennon was created with the cooperation of Lennon's widow Yoko Ono and produced by multi-award winning producer David L. Wolper and critically-acclaimed documentarian Andrew Solt (partners on This is Elvis). Backed by a monumental 36-tune sound track, the film draws from a treasure trove of material, including the musician's own collection of more than 240 hours of film and videotape, much of it never publicly seen.
It was Ono who approached Wolper, announcing it was time to open Lennon's personal archives of films, writings and photographs in order to make the definitive movie of his life. Wolper agreed but not before he requested full control over the project. Ono agreed and what resulted was an unprecedented look into the public and private life of the superstar.
* 'Tribute To John Lennon: The Man, The Music, The Memories' with David L. Wolper, Andrew Solt, Sam Egan, Bert Lovitt and Bud Friedgen
* 'John Lennon - Truth Be Told': a BBC radio interview with John and Yoko
* A never before released acoustic performance of 'Imagine' at the Apollo Theatre, New York City, Dec 17 1971
* Never before seen footage at the Lake House home of John and Yoko, Tittenhurst Estate in Ascot, England
* Interview with head master of Quarry Bank High School - John Lennon's grammar school
* John Lennon music guide