Jump In With Microsoft Kinect
Introducing Kinect, a revolutionary new way to play: no controller required.
Kinect will turn YOU into the controller for games and entertainment, and it will work with every Xbox 360. Unlike 2-D cameras and controllers, Kinect tracks your full body movement in 3-D, while responding to commands, directions, even a difference of emotion in your voice.
Kinect brings games and entertainment to life in extraordinary new ways - no controller required. Easy to use and instantly fun, Kinect gets everyone off the couch moving, laughing and cheering. See a ball? Kick it. Control an HD movie with a wave of the hand. Want to join a friend in the fun? Simply jump in. With Kinect technology evaporates, letting the natural magic in all of us shine. And the best part is Kinect works with every Xbox 360*.
With the Kinect sensor, you can experience gaming like never before. Easy to use and fun for everyone, the Kinect sensor utilises revolutionary full-body tracking to put you in the center of the fun. This amazing new technology allows the sensor to recognise your body and mirror your movements in the game, making you the controller. The sensor is compatible with every Xbox 360* and comes with a Kinect game. With Kinect Xbox 360 now has the best controller ever made - YOU.
* Colour VGA Motion Camera: 640x480 pixel resolution @30FPS
* Depth Camera: 640x480 pixel resolution @30FPS
* Array of 4 microphones supporting single speaker voice recognition
* Fully compatible with all Xbox 360 models*
* Revolutionary technology that includes body recognition
How does it work?
Kinect is the worlds first system to combine an RGB camera, depth sensor, multiarray microphone and custom processor running proprietary software that brings Kinect experiences to every Xbox 360 console. The Kinect sensor tracks full-body movement and individual voices, creating controller-free fun and social entertainment available only on Xbox 360.
* RGB camera. Kinect has a video camera that delivers the three basic color components. As part of the Kinect sensor, the RGB camera helps enable facial recognition and more.
* Depth sensor. An infrared projector combined with a monochrome CMOS sensor allows Kinect to see the room in 3-D (as opposed to inferring the room from a 2-D image) under any lighting conditions.
* Multiarray microphone. Kinect has a microphone that will be able to locate voices by sound and extract ambient noise. The multiarray microphone will enable headset-free Xbox LIVE party chat and more.
* Custom processor (running Microsoft proprietary software layer). A proprietary software layer makes the magic of Kinect possible. This layer differentiates Kinect from any other technology on the market through its ability to enable human body recognition and extract other visual noise.