Komputerbay 128GB Class 10 SDXC Secure Digital Extended Capacity Ultra High Speed Flash Memory Card £30.00 Sold by KOMPBAY and Fulfilled by Amazon - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HUKD, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HUKD app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit

All Comments

(20) Jump to unreadPost a comment
Comments/page:
#1
great price
#2
That's really cheap - all versions (400x, 600x, 90MB/s) seem to be the same price. Seems legit but a few reliability issues judging by Amazon comments. Also Qumox 128GB seems similar price (32) and performance ~90MB/s read.
#3
Adrian7
That's really cheap - all versions (400x, 600x, 90MB/s) seem to be the same price. Seems legit but a few reliability issues judging by Amazon comments. Also Qumox 128GB seems similar price (32) and performance ~90MB/s read.

which is the best? :{
#4
nate49LS
Adrian7
That's really cheap - all versions (400x, 600x, 90MB/s) seem to be the same price. Seems legit but a few reliability issues judging by Amazon comments. Also Qumox 128GB seems similar price (32) and performance ~90MB/s read.

which is the best? :{

Based on Amazon comments it seems you get the same card now whichever you order; we need to hear from people who bought on the last deal what they got.

If we assume 1x = 150kB/s, 600x = 90 MB/s, 400x = 60 MB/s - all should support UHS1 at those ratings.
#5
Check the review with 5 comments, bought from Komputerbay & it was a fake card.
#6
It looks you got 50-50 chances to get a good one.
#7
Don't buy it had one of these lasted a few months then died as unreadable. I did manage to get a refund.
save your money and time.
#8
These seem fake, don't get duped!
banned#9
If these are legit this is a great deal , heat added.. good luck
#10
how can this even be legit for £30?? :{
#11
This seems like a great way of storing data you no longer want 8)
#12
Good price if real but I would always recommend working with several cards in increments of 16/32gb because that way you minimise the loss if the card fails
#13
bennyboy599
Good price if real but I would always recommend working with several cards in increments of 16/32gb because that way you minimise the loss if the card fails

This is a myth. You may be decreasing the chance to loose all of you data but you are increasing the chance to loose some of your data. So this is only beneficial if you don't mind loosing some of your data. Backup is the answer not using multiple cards.

I'll explain. Ok let's assume that all cards are equal and have 1% chance of failing every year. (Ugly simplification but makes the computation manageable) If you have 1 128gb card you have 99% chance of not loosing any data in the year. If you have 2 64gb card you have 98.01% chance of not loosing any data. If you have 4 32gb cards you have 96.06% chance of not loosing any data. If you have 8 16gbcards then you are down to 92.27% chance of not loosing any data to card failure.

As I said this is an ugly simplification of card failure rate but this show how incorrect the myth of use multiple card is. Also don't forget about card loss with all this card swapping. Just backup!
#14
yant
bennyboy599
Good price if real but I would always recommend working with several cards in increments of 16/32gb because that way you minimise the loss if the card fails

This is a myth. You may be decreasing the chance to loose all of you data but you are increasing the chance to loose some of your data. So this is only beneficial if you don't mind loosing some of your data. Backup is the answer not using multiple cards.

I'll explain. Ok let's assume that all cards are equal and have 1% chance of failing every year. (Ugly simplification but makes the computation manageable) If you have 1 128gb card you have 99% chance of not loosing any data in the year. If you have 2 64gb card you have 98.01% chance of not loosing any data. If you have 4 32gb cards you have 96.06% chance of not loosing any data. If you have 8 16gbcards then you are down to 92.27% chance of not loosing any data to card failure.

As I said this is an ugly simplification of card failure rate but this show how incorrect the myth of use multiple card is. Also don't forget about card loss with all this card swapping. Just backup!
Interesting, the maths is correct. This maths is correct also for business managers and their number of activities.
That's why there is a saying the more that you do the more bad reputation that you get. The less that you do the more likely nothing goes wrong. (The extreme case is a manager who says no until perfect so the number of error is zero but the limitation is the number of productive output).

Edited By: splender on Jul 15, 2014 14:30: added text
#15
Don't buy this cheap card. I bought 64GB one a couple weeks ago and returned it later. It has issues in writing. So, I got half pictures when using it on my DSLR.
2 Likes #16
Adrian7
That's really cheap - all versions (400x, 600x, 90MB/s) seem to be the same price. Seems legit but a few reliability issues judging by Amazon comments. Also Qumox 128GB seems similar price (32) and performance ~90MB/s read.
Seems legit but a few reliability issues judging by Amazon comments. Also Qumox 128GB seems similar price (32) and performance ~90MB/s read.
http://tobidornot.com/wp-uploads/photo/komputerbay-128gb-class-10-sdxc.jpg

I think those card are extremely OEMs. Meaning they were discarded by other producers then they just put a sticker on them. For good quality price ratio I would stay with Transcend IMO.

Edited By: iceman85 on Jul 15, 2014 20:25: grammar
#17
iceman85
Adrian7
That's really cheap - all versions (400x, 600x, 90MB/s) seem to be the same price. Seems legit but a few reliability issues judging by Amazon comments. Also Qumox 128GB seems similar price (32) and performance ~90MB/s read.
http://tobidornot.com/wp-uploads/photo/komputerbay-128gb-class-10-sdxc.jpg

I think those card are extremely OEMs. Meaning they were discared by other producers then they just put a sticker on them. For good quality price ratio I would stay with Transcend IMO.

Agreed looks like low-quality flash - yeah Transcend seems to get good performance/reliability reviews lately.
#18
perfect for raspberry pi :)
1 Like #19
iceman85
Adrian7
That's really cheap - all versions (400x, 600x, 90MB/s) seem to be the same price. Seems legit but a few reliability issues judging by Amazon comments. Also Qumox 128GB seems similar price (32) and performance ~90MB/s read.
Seems legit but a few reliability issues judging by Amazon comments. Also Qumox 128GB seems similar price (32) and performance ~90MB/s read.
http://tobidornot.com/wp-uploads/photo/komputerbay-128gb-class-10-sdxc.jpg

I think those card are extremely OEMs. Meaning they were discarded by other producers then they just put a sticker on them. For good quality price ratio I would stay with Transcend IMO.

I agree, Transcend make great cards that are as reliable and fast as Sandisks but cost 50%-33% of the price.
#20
Had 3 of these and all are good. Amazon do operate a system were by you have a guarantee, refund or replacement if the card fails!

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Top of Page
Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!