Flagships specs ala Samsung S7 etc at a budget price!
Bought this slightly cheaper on AliExpress for my sister but when I tried to create this deal using AliExpress as the link it got rejected so here I try again...
Sister has an ageing Sony Z3 Compact and wanted something powerful with more onboard storage but she doesn't have much money and wants something small. I remember this phone was announced a couple of months back and just checked to see if it was available now and low and behold it is! I know she's going to miss the IP68 water resistance, front facing speakers and possibly some other stuff from the Sony but I'm sure she'll be pleased with the fingerprint sensor, extra storage and speed of this phone.
Anyway, that's enough of an intro. Here are the juicy details:
CPU: Snapdragon 820 2.15Ghz (Not the underclocked version like the Xiaomi Mi5)
RAM: 4GB LPDDR4
Storage: 64GB eMMC 5.1
Main Camera: Samsung 13 MP ISOCELL, f/2.2, phase detection autofocus, 1/2.6" sensor size, 1.34 µm pixel size with 4K video @ 30 fps
Front Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, 1.4 µm pixel size, 1080p
UI: Android Marshmallow v6.0.1 skinned with ZUI 2.0
Screen: 5.0" FullHD 1080p LTPS IPS LCD (441 PPI)
SIM: Dual Nano SIM
4G support: Bands 1, 3, 7, 8 (Three, EE, Vodafone Supported but no O2 4G support due to missing B20 band)
Dimensions: 141.7 x 68.9 x 8.5 mm
Weight: 149 g
Battery: 3500mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 (83% in 30 min)
Others: USB Type-C connector, Fingerprint sensor
- Uses latest CPU and hardware is enough to match raw performance of current gen flagships (e.g. Samsung S7, LG G5, HTC 10, Xiaomi Mi5, OnePlus 3)
- Stupidly cheap price
- Lots of RAM and storage
- Fingerprint sensor
- Compact size
- USB Type-C connector
- Large battery with QC3.0
- Reviews seem to mention that GPS and WiFi are good
- Seems to be good dev support from the community
- No MicroSD slot
- Design looks very boring in my opinion
- A little large and thick for a 5.0" phone with only 70.6% screen-to-body ratio (but I guess the large battery makes up for it)
- No B20 band (My Xiaomi Mi Note with no B20 band has better consistent performance than my OnePlus 3 with B20 though on Three!)
- Reviews mention average camera performance
- Reviews mention an average screen (not amazing colours nor bright)
- Storage could be faster (I believe all flagships use UFS2.0 storage now which is quite a bit faster than eMMC 5.1)
- Lack of warranty
I will report back when mine arrives!
The first comment will also list a few reviews I've found along with accessories to accompany the phone.