As used and recommended by midwives in the UK - these are commonly £28 to rent for 6 weeks in most stores - for this price, you're as well buying it and either keeping it of selling it on eBay. You might even get your money back or more.
These are specifically designed for pain relief during pregnancy.
TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) has a rapidly growing reputation as one of the safest, most effective forms of modern pain control available to women during childbirth
* The treatment is widely approved and recommended by medical professionals, and allows you to experience a mobile, drug-free labour, with personal control over your pain relief
* MamaTENS uses the latest technology. A digital unit with preset programmes to ensure maximum pain relief.
* Pre-set, clinically researched programmes for each of the 3 stages of labour
* Integrated boost button for contractions, with ramp control facility
* Digital technology to ensure minimum fuss setting up, and accurate and powerful pain relief
* Detailed instruction booklet and pictorial guide
* Advice and further information available from our dedicated helpline: 0845 230 4647
* The most popular maternity TENS in the UK, recommended by the Royal College of Midwives
* Safe and easy to use, with NO side-effects for the mother or baby
* Enables the mother to remain mobile and in control of her pain relief
* The sole use of MamaTENS allows a natural and drug-free labour
* Can be used at home, in hospital, and prior to a waterbirth
More and more women are avoiding harmful drugs to ease the pain caused by childbirth. Instead, they are choosing TENS; a drug-free, non-invasive method of pain relief, which works in harmony with the body, and is recommended by midwives.
Thanks to its power, simplicity, attractiveness and comfort, MamaTENS is the most popular TENS machine in the UK. A recent customer survey showed that 90% of mothers who used MamaTENS would use it again.
TENS works by stimulating the body's own natural defences against pain. TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) has an excellent reputation as one of the safest, most effective forms of modern pain control available to women during childbirth. The treatment is medically approved, widely recommended, and totally free of side-effects for both mother and baby.
The MamaTENS transmits gentle, electrical signals through the skin via four self-adhesive pads, positioned on the back. These harmless impulses attack pain in two ways: by stimulating the release of endorphins, the body's own pain relieving hormones, and by stimulating the "pain gate", which stops pain signals from reaching the brain.
Following extensive research, the MamaTENS has been especially designed for use during labour. Digital technology and pre-set programmes eliminate the need to fiddle with dials, making it easy to choose the correct programme and achieve the desired level of intensity.
The three programmes are used progressively during the labour, starting on programmes A and B, which stimulate endorphins, through to programme C, which has a ramp facility and targets the Pain Gate. The integral Boost Button quickly raises the levels of pain relief, for use during contractions.
By using MamaTENS, the mother remains mobile, lucid, and in control of her own pain relief. When used from the first signs of labour pain, it helps her to remain at home for longer, as well as being suitable for use in the hospital. MamaTENS is also beneficial after the birth, easing post-natal pains as the uterus contracts and helping to manage the discomfort of an episiotomy or tear. It is even effective for post-caesarean pain.
MamaTENS can also be used for general pain relief, such as back or period pain, so long as it is not used before the 37th week of pregnancy. With this in mind, it is an ideal pain-relief device to have around the home, suitable for all members of the family. Replacement electrodes are available; for hygiene reasons, fresh pads should be used for each person.
The MamaTENS is supplied as a complete kit with full instructions, a pictorial guide, and a pack of four 100x50mm pads with integral leads. This unique feature ensures that the MamaTENS is the most hygienic maternity TENS on the market. The MamaTENS (unit only) includes a two-year guarantee. Should you have any questions or require more advice on the use of MamaTENS, we also run a helpline on 0845 230 4647.