Would make a good gift, with the added bonus of it being both educational and fun ..
Based on a book written by the Japanese professor Susumu Sakurai, Maths Made Simple is a "brain training" style game where you learn an original learning method enabling easy calculation of math problems. Minigames and a special 'hint' mode offer interesting suggestions on how to solve everyday math problems more simply.
* Learn simple and fun ways to perform complex calculations
* Lesson mode with 17 different calculation methods
* Choice of gameplay modes including Lesson, Quiz, Drill and Skill Exam
* Ambling Arithmetic's minigame, an endurance mode to check your true maths skill
* Nine different costumes for the main character including a professor, magician and explorer
* Hint mode will suggest how to use maths effectively in everyday life