Medal of Honor Airborne sees the return of the ultimate World War II first person shooter series in this instalment that shifts the focus to paratrooper escapades.
The story mode follows Private First Class Boyd Travers who is a paratrooper in the US army. Players must control him through a number of daring missions taking place during the second half of the war, in 1943 and beyond. After a training period in North Africa, he will be inserted into major European countries such as France, Germany and Italy from the air. For the first time players can choose where to begin each mission by deciding where to land with the parachute.
Once on the ground, gameplay is very similar to the games predecessors, but with updated graphics and new weapons and missions. Players will find themselves journeying through war-torn landscapes, while seeking to complete objectives given to them. In addition, the multiplayer mode is bigger than ever, with three modes covering cooperative and competitive gameplay. For example, in cooperative gameplay one team starts as the Allies in the air and the other is the Axis on the ground.
A worthy addition to this highly successful series, Medal of Honor Airborne retains the classic gameplay while incorporating new features.
* Open Battlefields - Start each mission with an airdrop into enemy territory where the landing spot you choose can dramatically change the course of battle. On the ground, tackle enemies and complete objectives in whatever order you chose as your navigate your way through a massive, free-roaming environment.
* Vertical Combat - Fight on the ground or atop roofs, balconies, towers, ruins, and natural formations in a variety of environments authentic to the European Theater of War.
* Affordance AI - A formidable new AI system delivers unpredictable and intelligent enemies which challenge even your most battle-hardened strategies.
* Upgradeable Weapons - For the first time, enhance your chosen weapon with authentic, customizable field modifications that affect your marksmanship.
* War is Hell - How and where you engage the enemy triggers death animations unique to each and every encounter.