MSI are offering 20% off their new P67A-GD65 motherboard (LGA1155) via cashback. I know its cashback, but for anyone after a new upgrade its a pretty good deal imho
Board spec is here:
http://g… Read More
In short its got:
• Military Class II components: Top quality & stability
• OC Genie II: Auto OC to boost performance in 1 sec
• ClickBIOS: Easy-to-use UEFI BIOS interface
• Super Charger: fast charge iPad/iPhone/smartphone
• THX TruStudio PRO: deliver the fullest audio experience
• Support 4x USB 3.0 & 4x SATA 6Gb/s
• Supports four unbuffered DIMM of 1.5 Volt DDR3 1066/1333/1600*/2133*(OC) DRAM, 32GB Max
• Supports one PCI Express LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Realtek 8111E.
• SLI and Crossfire Certified (8x \ 8x both Gen 2.0)
• Dual E-SATA
• Optical and Coaxial Digital Audio Output
However it ends on 17th Jan and has a lot of terms, but much the same as any cashback deal.
If you want comparison with other boards, it seems very competative:
Asus P8P67 Pro is the same spec as the msi, although granted it has bluetooth and and and extra PCI-E x4. However it does lack the Driver MOSFET and heatpipe meaning its going to run hotter plus it is £10 more expensive @ £149.99inc.VAT
Gigabyte P67A-UD4 is the same as the msi p67A-GD65, but with 2 less SATA6 ports and no firewire. It also lacks UEFI BIOS (for 2TB+ HDD support). That sells at £153.65inc.VAT, over £13 more expensive!
The MSI at £116.63 imho is therefore pretty good deal