IMO the best navigation app for the iphone.
Navigon have dropped the price of their MobileNavigator software covering the British Isles to £19.99, Previously priced at £52.99.
The live traffic add-on seems to also be reduced at £9.49.
With the NAVIGON MobileNavigator you can transform your iPhone into a fully functional mobile navigation system that is every bit as good as the multi-award-winning personal navigation devices from NAVIGON in terms of its user-friendliness and features.
Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the NAVIGON MobileNavigator fits in seamlessly with the operating concept of the iPhone. The application includes the latest map material from the market leader NAVTEQ.
This application can be run directly on any iPhone 3G or 3G S. It is also possible to install it on first-generation iPhones or an iPod touch. However, additional accessories are required for GPS navigation on these devices!
Features and range of functions:
- Google Local Search
- Enhanced Pedestrian Navigation
- Coordinate Input
- Traffic Live via In App Purchase
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Precise voice announcements
- Intelligent address entry
- Reality View Pro (realistic display of motorway interchanges and exits)
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Real signpost display
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- Day and night mode for map display
- Direct access and navigation to contacts saved in the iPhones address book
- The latest NAVTEQ map material
- Navigation is automatically resumed after an incoming phone call
- 2D and 3D map displays (birds-eye view)
- Quick access to user-defined POIs in the area and along the route
- Take Me Home function with a single click
- Automatic language selection to match the iPhones user language
- Route planning
- Text-to-Speech voice guidance
- Automatic Day/Night adjustment
- Integrated iPod control
- Location sharing via Email
- NAVIGON Traffic Live in UK (In App Purchase)
- UK Postcode Navigation (In App Purchase)
UK, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Republic of Ireland