Navigon have their Mobile Navigator on sale at the moment in the app store, down £20 from the normal price. The offer runs until the end of the month and it is only slightly more expensive than the UK maps version. It is currently the best sat nav out for the iPhone. TomTom will be out soon but I'd imagine it costing more than this for their European version. Only downside is there is no Postcode search at the moment. Traffic and text to speech coming at the end of summer. Details below.
Turn your iPhone into a first-rate navigation system with MobileNavigator. Try the feature for yourself and enjoy the excellent user control and superior design that allow simple and intuitive operating. The application includes the latest map material from the market leader NAVTEQ and can be used without an Internet connection, which is of enormous benefit abroad, for example, as no extra charges are incurred. With MobileNavigator you can turn your iPhone into an equally handy and convenient route guidance system.
Features and range of functions:
* 2D and 3D map displays
* Can be used in portrait and landscape format
* Precise voice announcements
* Intelligent address entry
* Reality View Pro (realistic display of motorway interchanges and exits)
* Lane Assistant Pro
* Real signpost display
* Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
* Day and night mode for map display
* Direct access and navigation to contacts saved in the iPhone's address book
* The latest NAVTEQ map material including more than two million (EU version) places of interest (POIs)
* Navigation is automatically resumed after an incoming phone call
* Quick access to user-defined POIs in the area and along the route
* Take Me Home function with a single click
* Automatic language selection to match the iPhone's user language
* Additional languages: Portugese, Czech, Polish, Turkish, Croatian, Romanian, Slovakian, Greek and Russian (GUI und Audio)
* NAVIGON's route planning function known from the companies PND line that enables users to plan a route with several destinations
* Radarinfo (not for all countries)
* Additional map view options (now displays street names in 3D view, optional points of interest (POI) display)
* Call POI function (call the number of a POI and save it to your contacts)
* Optimized volume control when using the NAVIGON navigation and the integrated iPod function of the iPhone at the same time
Even more features!
* More functions such as TMC and text-to-speech will follow in late summer.