I was going to shell out for a full blown ReadyNas, until this came along. For less than 50 notes too. The best word to describe this product is `EASY'.
· Easy to setup/install
· Easy to connect to via http://www.mystora.com
· Easy to create users
· Easy to upload files to either by network neighbourhood or using the Mystora interface. (Java needed).
· Easy for other users to store their stuff on your Stora.
· Easy to create albums for your photos
· Easy to store all your music
· Easy to store any other data (securely)
· Easy to store movies.
· Easy to choose who gets access to anything you wish to share.
· Easy to then watch movies via the interface
· Easy to listen to music via the interface
· Easy to look at photo albums, again, via the interface.
I could go on and explain about how I can also access it remotely with my Iphone etc..
It doesn't come with hard drives.... Ummm that's it, I think.
Back to the pros.
Look at the price, I guess that's why it has no hard drives. My advice would be to buy two drives asap and then your Stora will self setup with RAID. For those that aren't sure what that means... basically one drive will mirror the other, thus saving your data/music/photo/videos twice. If one of the drives should fail then your data has a chance of being saved.
It has stuff on it to perform backups, I've not used this yet but I will.
I hope this helps anyone who is in the same situation as me.... I needed to store photos, share with other family members. I wanted to look at their pictures and download them to my pc. I wanted a central place to store my Itunes. Most of all I wanted my kids to be able to do stuff safely with my approval.