And the price keeps going down...!
* Product Description: NETGEAR ReadyNAS Duo RND2000 - NAS server
* Device Type: NAS server
* Host Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet
* Installed Devices / Modules Qty: 0 (installed) / 2 (max)
* Dimensions (WxDxH): 10.1 cm x 22.2 cm x 14.2 cm
* Weight: 2.1 kg
* Localisation: United Kingdom
* Storage Controller: 1 x RAID - Serial ATA-150
* Hard Drive: Hot-swap
* Networking: Network adapter - integrated - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
* Power: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
* System Requirements: Linux, Apple MacOS X, Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4, Microsoft Windows XP SP1 or later, Microsoft Windows Vista
* Environmental Standards: EPA Energy Star
* Manufacturer Warranty: 3 years warranty
The ReadyNAS Duo is perfect for homes with more than one computer. Unlike a USB drive, the ReadyNAS connects to the network and is simultaneously accessible via all connected Windows or Macintosh computers. If there is a broadband Internet connection and a home router, the ReadyNAS can be set up to provide secure access to all the stored files remotely via the Internet.For added protection of stored data, an optional second hard disk drive can be installed. The spare hard drive will keep an extra copy of all the data and instantly take over if the first hard drive should fail. Advanced media streaming support allows the ReadyNAS to directly serve media, with no PC required. Officially licensed BitTorrent client allows downloading to occur without the need for an additional computer. A web-based interface facilitates download management from computers, and a special NETGEAR digital entertainer interface allows management from the select NETGEAR device.