I know the Nintendo DSi XL is not popular with all but for anyone interested, Asda are selling the console for only £135 instore. Today (05/03/10) is the official day of release for the Nintendo DSi XL in the UK. My local store (Beckton) had 4 left in stock, 2 Brown and 2 Wine Red at 10:00am this morning.
The price is also available online but unfortunately shows as Out of Stock.
Alternative prices are:
Seems to be a good deal for those who want one.
- Larger 4.2 inch screens
- A longer stylus (4mm longer)
- New Touch Pen (40mm longer than regular stylus)
- 1 3 hrs more battery life (depending on screen brightness)
- Play with sound:Play music on your DS, experiment, record, create and play with sound using the DSi Sound application.
- Motion-activated gaming on the go: Interact with your games and console on the move like never before, with motion-detecting cameras to help you control future games on the console.
- Picture perfect: With an inwards and outwards facing camera, take pictures for instant editing, effect addition and then save them in your own portable photo album or onto an SD card for sharing.
- Play, share and enhance your DSi experience online: Download new games and applications from the DSi Shop from cartoon making to a free internet browser and challenge yourself online with DSi's improved connectivity,
Nintendo DSi XL allows the fun of handheld gaming to be shared with friends and family. The new Nintendo DSi XL handheld console sports two 4.2 inch screens, 93% bigger than the screen on the Nintendo DS Lite. In addition, the new screens have a much wider viewing angle, making it easy for people to watch and share the fun. Whether it's encouraging family or friends to beat your score on Dr Kawashima's Little Bit of Brain Training, solving the mysteries of Professor Layton together or simply offering 'helpful' backseat advice during a frantic race in Mario Kart, the Nintendo DSi XL opens up a new world of shared handheld gaming whilst breathing new life into your favourite Nintendo DS games as you experience them on the big screen. The new DSI XL handheld is a premium addition to the Nintendo DS family, coming pre-loaded with some top software: Dr Kawashima's: Little Bit of Brain Training: Arts Edition and Dictionary 6 in 1 with Camera Function and the Nintendo DSi Browser, which enables you to easily access the internet from anywhere with a Wi-Fi connection. Available in wine red and dark brown, the Nintendo DSi XL comes with a glossy sheen on top and matt finish on the underside that provides excellent grip when resting on a table or other surface during gameplay. It also features a larger pen-like stylus, making gameplay more comfortable and natural. The Nintendo DSi XL will feature the full capabilities of the original Nintendo DSi. Packed with features such as the ability to create, customise and share photos with friends and family, listen to and play with your music and sounds and download games through the Nintendo DSi Shop. Nintendo DSi XL is the fourth member of the Nintendo DS family which are currently enjoyed by over 100 million people around the world. It features the trademark dual screens and the simple-to-use controls that players have come to love, but will take your gaming experience to a new level.