this is my first post on a deal
As the much anticipated return of the genre-defining military conflict title, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is set to take gamers as close to war as they'll ever want to get. In a shooter that recreates the brutal reality of the modern combat experience in stunning detail, Dragon Rising will challenge players to survive the chaos and rapidly evolving situations of modern warfare in a new contemporary theatre.
Players will experience the intensity, diversity and claustrophobia of a present day conflict from the unique perspectives of an infantry marine and a Special Forces officer, each engaged against the full force of the Chinese PLA on the huge open-world island of Skira. Gameplay simulates an immense conflict between advanced forces and provides unparalleled scope with different military disciplines, vehicles and equipment for players to utilise.
* Pre-Order from Play.com and receive an exclusive code to unlock the 'Coastal Stronghold' mission. Codes and instructions will be emailed week of release.
* 'Coastal Stronghold' Mission: Assume control of an infantry fireteam, raiding a key PLA coastal defensive position. Once the PLA defenders have been eliminated, the player will have to organise their fireteam to hold the location from PLA counter-attacks, improvising defensive positions and using any fixed weapons they can find to tip the balance in their favour.
* The most accessible, immersive, engaging, sandbox wargame: All 220sqkm of Skira Island is completely open to explore at any time and includes a real-time day and night cycle and weather system. Streaming technology means that the island is always there, and a huge 30km draw-distance allows gamers to see flashpoints around the island playing out as they fly, drive and walk around the map.
* The biggest military toy-box ever seen in a console FPS: Players can pick up and use over 60 authentic weapons and explosives in Dragon Rising and utilise 25+ PLA and US Army Vehicles.
* Action-packed co-op and single-player campaign mode: With the entire campaign fully playable in co-op with four players, gamers will assume the roles of both USMC infantry and spec ops during the intense 11 mission campaign as the war plays out across Skira Island.
* Intricate attention to detail: Accurate USMC tactics and equipment are used throughout and US Marines were used as consultants during development to ensure authenticity.