There is no membership fee, but clearly life begins at 55!
Are you over 55? If so, with Club 55 you are entitled to return off-peak travel anywhere on the First Great Western network. Network map:http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Documents/Custom/JANUARY09_Route%20Map%20FGW2.pdf
Club 55 £25 Return (Standard)
Club 55 First £45 Return (First Class)
Your ticket is valid for return travel up to a month for the date of outward travel.
You can take advantage of this opportunity as many times as you like during the promotional period, which is between 01 February and 07 April 2009.
Don't forget: 2FOR1 entry at top attractions
Extra Discounts: Senior Railcard holders get an extra discount of £5 off both the Club 55 and Club 55 First ticket.
Reservations are available on trains where seats can be reserved. No pre-booking is required, although a seat reservation is recommended on popular services.
Assisted travel is available.
You can book online, call Telesales on 08457 000 125 or call into you local staffed station.
Tickets are valid for return travel up to one calendar month from the date of outward travel. However, all travel under the terms of this offer must be completed between 01 February and 07 April 2009.
Travel is valid on all operators between any stations on the First Great Western line of route only.
Restrictions apply. Please enquire about the off-peak restriction for the journey being made by calling Telesales on 08457 000 125.
Terms and Conditions.
Club 55 Survey
To keep informed about future Club 55 promotions and for a chance to win a luxury Food Hamper, please complete our survey. The survey is contained in the Club 55 leaflet which can be found at selected stations. Simply detach the page from the leaflet and send to the address stated.
Click here to see our full list of Terms and Conditions.
Club 55 Terms and Conditions
1) Must be over 55 and provide proof of age when you travel using a Club 55 ticket.
2) Promotional travel will be valid between 01 February and 07 April 2009. Tickets are valid for return travel up to one calendar month from the date of outward travel. However, all travel under the terms of this of this offer must be completed between 01 February and 07 April 2009.
3) Travel is valid on the following operators between any stations along the First Great Western line of route only: First Capital Connect, First Great Western, Cross Country, London Midland, Chiltern Railways, Southern, Arriva Trains Wales, South West Trains.
4) A £5 discount to Senior Railcard holders is available on both Club 55 and Club 55 First fares. Other than this, there are no other railcard/ child concessions available in conjunction with this offer.
5) On Mondays to Fridays, both Club 55 and Club 55 First tickets are not valid for travel until after the morning peak. Tickets also not valid for travel from London Paddington between 1640 and 1831, or from Reading between 1710 and 1859, some exemptions may apply. Please enquire about the off-peak restriction for the journey being made.
6) Date of outward travel may be changed up to 28 days after purchase, provided that the change of date is made prior to the original date of outward travel printed on the ticket, and that the new date is within the scope of the offer. A full refund, less an administration fee, will be granted on unused Club 55 tickets.