Betting for Less by Signing Up with Paddy Power
Hailing from the Republic of Ireland, Paddy Power was created in 1988 when bookmakers John Corcoran, Stewart Kenny and David Power merged their operations. During the 90s, the chain expanded rapidly in Ireland, floating on the Stock Exchange in 2000, after which they entered the UK market. Famous for courting controversy by offering unusual bets (such as whether politicians will finish their terms in office), Paddy Power has become a dominant player in the betting market, operating hundreds of shops across the country. In 2015, this position was consolidated when Paddy Power merged with Betfair, creating one of the world’s biggest betting companies.
Where to Gamble with Paddy Power
Customers looking to place a stake with Paddy Power can choose between heading to their local branch or signing up online to bet via their computer or the Paddy Power smartphone app. If you want to visit your local betting shop, the best way to find it is by using the Paddy Power branch locator. This tools provides you with all opening times and directions. Just simply enter your postcode.
If you don’t want to leave the house, Paddy Power also provides access to a huge range of online betting services via www.paddypower.com.
Product Categories at Paddypower.com
Betting online has come a long way in recent years, and Paddy Power offer plenty of ways to place bets via their online platform. Product categories at their website include:
Sports betting – Place bets on individual sports that range from American Football, baseball, athletics and badminton to tennis, football, cricket, boxing and horse racing. In play betting is available, along with accumulators (accas), virtual sports, and score prediction games. Customers can take advantage of the Paddy Power acca “Insurance coupon”, which gives you a free bet should one of your predictions not come true. There’s also the “Hotshot jackpot” where players select 8 goal scorers (anytime) and can win up to £250,000.
Football betting is the core of the sports section, with the chance to place stakes on every English league, European competitions and leagues, and international fixtures.
- In-play betting – Paddy Power has a special section dedicated to the various ways that customers can place in-play bets - a form of gambling that the company pioneered. This section includes a blog, live commentary, results and form to help guide your decisions about whether or not to cash out.
- Virtuals – A rapidly growing segment of the gambling market, virtuals includes computer generated cycling races, tennis matches, horse races, greyhound races and football fixtures.
- Poker – Customers can play a range of poker games, learn the ropes at the Paddy Power poker school, join big money tournaments and save money by using the promotions section.
- Casino – Features slots, roulette, blackjack, jackpots, table games like craps and baccarat, video poker and online scratch games. “Casino” also includes a “Tips and Strategy” section to help you make the most of your casino credits.
- Live Casino – Live games that are hosted by Paddy Power croupiers, including blackjack, roulette, casino hold ‘em, and baccarat.
- Games – Includes a range of online games, including blackjack, roulette, bingo, slots and jackpots, some of which include £1 million prizes.
- Lotteries – Enables customers to take part in lotteries across the world, with Irish, American, Spanish and German lotteries all available for UK gamblers to enjoy.
- Bingo – An old favourite, Paddy Power’s online bingo hall allows users to play a wide variety of different forms of bingo for small and larger prizes.
- Mobile – A special section dedicated to promoting the Paddy Power app and its 11 different versions, with options for each of the major product areas on the company’s website.
Placing a Bet with Paddy Power
Before you can place a bet on paddypower.com, you’ll need to register and go through their verification process (a requirement of all online betting services):
- To do so, go to the Paddy Power website and click on the “Open an account” button.
- Now, add the personal information required, including your name and address, e-mail address, date of birth, country of residence and the currency you’d like to bet in.
- This is also the chance to enter any promotional codes, so don’t forget to do so if possible!
- Then you’ll be taken to a payment page, where you can specify which debit or credit card to use when making deposits. You’ll also need to add some credit to your account before you can start gambling.
- When you’ve placed your first bet you will also start to gain access to Paddy Power’s huge selection of free bets.
Paddy Power’s Loyalty Scheme
Paddy Power work hard to retain their customer base with free bets and referral schemes, so make the most of them if you can.
The company runs a cash card scheme called PPlus in conjunction with MasterCard, which allows you instant access to your winnings, ATM cash withdrawals from your Paddy Power account and the opportunity to use it like a normal credit card.
The Paddy Power Casino offers a VIP scheme for regular customers as well. Signing up entitles you to VIP rewards like extra bonus bets, better conversion rates for chips, access to invite-only events and enhanced support from the customer service team, so it’s well worth considering.
The company also runs a “Refer a friend” scheme. Once you’ve spent £50 in bets, you can add three of your friends’ e-mail addresses (providing they don’t have Paddy Power accounts). When they sign up and place £50 of bets, you will receive £10 free credit. There’s also a special referral system for bingo which provides £20 in free credit for each person you persuade to sign up.
Sales at Paddypower.com
Paddy Power are famous for offering a huge number of free bets and discounts via their online platform. Information about the latest promotions can be delivered straight to your e-mail inbox via their membership scheme or you can bookmark the promotions sections of the Paddy Power website. Money Back Specials on sports events can be on their website, as well as casino promotions and online game offers.
Another great way to check out the latest Paddy Power offers, along with their sign-up discount codes is to bookmark the Paddy Power listings at HotUKDeals. You’ll find current offers along with seasonal and one-off sales.
Payment Methods Accepted by Paddypower.com
When you sign up and add credit to your Paddy Power account you can use the following payment methods:
- Debit cards - Maestro, Electron and Switch and Laser
- Credit cards - Visa, MasterCard and EntroPay
- Online payment systems - PayPal, Moneybookers, Skrill, Neteller and Paysafecards
All in additional to bank transfers and cheques.
All payments are handled by Barclays and Elavon, who ensure that they will be protected against online fraud.
Cashing Out from Paddy Power
Sometimes you’ll want to cash out from an in-play bet before the sports event in question has finished. Doing so is simple.
- When you’ve placed an in-play bet, look at the “Quick links” panel. Press the “Cash out” button.
- Now, you can either cash out your whole stake or just a portion, depending on how much risk you want to take on. Just use the slider to tell Paddy Power how much cash to keep in-play.
When you want to withdraw money from your account, the process is simple.
- Firstly, go to the “My account” button. Now click on the “Withdraw” button and choose the payment method you would like to use.
- Each payment method has a slightly different withdrawal process. For example, debit cards take 2-3 working days to process and bank transfers take 1-5 working days. Only PayPal and credit or debit cards can be used to cash out from mobile accounts, but bank transfers, Neteller and Skrill can be used from desktops.
Cancelling Bets and Closing an Account at Paddypower.com
As with most online betting services, Paddy Power generally doesn’t allow customers to cancel bets once they have been placed.
However, they do make it simple to close a Paddy Power account at any time and to withdraw any money from your account:
- To do so, you’ll need to contact Paddy Power’s customer service team.
- They will offer you a range of options. You can choose a “Regular closure”, which allows you to reopen your account at a later date, a “Lifetime exclusion” which prevents you from reopening a closed account, a “Long break” for 6 months or more, or a “Short break” of from 1-30 days.
- To contact customer support, give them a call at the following number: 08000 565275 (8am - midnight Monday to Saturday and 9am - midnight on Sundays)
- Alternatively, send them an e-mail at [email protected]
Paddy Power’s Social Media Presence
The online betting scene is fast moving, with sports events and new games being made available all the time. To keep up with Paddy Power’s latest promotions and games, why not become a follower on one of their many social media channels? You can find them on the following platforms:
You can also keep up to date with the latest promotions and sports news at the Paddy Power blog which takes a tongue in cheek look at sports news and offers plenty of betting tips for Paddy Power customers. Paddy Power Poker also offers a regular newsletter and all members can opt-in to e-mail updates if they wish.
Using the Paddy Power App
Paddy Power make it easy to place bets via mobile devices. In fact, they were one of the first companies to do so. To see the full range of apps available, head to the Paddy Power Mobile site, where you’ll find apps for poker, sports, casino games, bingo, lotteries and specific games like Deal or No Deal or Rainbow Riches. The most popular app is the sports betting app, which allows in-play betting and can be downloaded for iPhones and Android devices. However, the best idea is to download whatever apps cover your favourite games.
Contacting Paddy Power
If you want to talk about depositing funds, signing up, cashing out, playing games or closing an account, Paddy Power’s customer service team should be easy to reach. You can contact them via:
- Phone: 08000 565275 (8am-midnight Monday to Saturday and 9am-midnight on Sundays)
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Paddy Power Betfair plc
Power Tower Blocks 1-3
Belfield Office Park
Beech Hill Road
Clonskeagh, Dublin 4
Alternatively, you could just log onto the Paddy Power website and consult their handy FAQ section, which may well have the answers you need.
Make Gambling Cheaper with Paddy Power Discounts
Whether you want to bet on the horses, greyhound races, tennis or Premier League scores, Paddy Power makes it easy. They also offer a huge range of casino games, lotteries and slots – and most of them are regularly the subject of promotional offers. You can find all the latest free bets and money back specials at the Paddy Power HotUKDeals listings.