Best price I've seen (from a well-known seller) for this fantastic camera at £134.99 delivered using supersaver delivery, had the chance to play about with it and it's one of my favourites. Takes very good pictures, controls are nice to use and you can get a good grip on the camera. Price probably lowered a little since the TZ5 came out, but this is worth £135 of anyone's money if you want a large zoom camera that isn't brick-sized. It's not lightweight, but it packs a lot of punch!
DMC-TZ3 is the latest members of the award-winning Lumix TZ family of digital cameras, which is renowned for packaging a remarkable 10x optical zoom in a compact, stylish body. To further add to their appeal, the TZ3 go one step further to feature a 28mm wide-angle Leica DC lens (equivalent to 28-280mm on a 35mm film camera) for wide-angle shooting.
The 28mm wide-angle lens opens up a plethera of photographic opportunities, allowing photographers to easily capture a large group of people, or expansive architectural structures and landscapes with dynamic width and rich perspective. The wide-angle lens is particularly helpful in situations where you cannot step back or move away from a subject - ideal for shooting group portraits in a small room for example.
The diminutive size of the 7.2 megapixel DMC-TZ3 belies the wealth of technological features. Incorporating a powerful 10x optical zoom in such a slim and stylish body is impressive in itself. Add to this the incorporation of Panasonic's Mega O.I.S that prevents blurring from shaky hands, Intelligent ISO to prevent motion blur, and the high quality, high performance image-processing Venus Engine III to name but a few - and the calibre of these new additions becomes apparent
- Camera Effective Pixels: 7.2 Mega pixels
- Image Sensor: 1/2.35inch, 8.50 Mega Total Pixels CCD, Primary Colour Filter
- Optical Zoom: 10 x
- Focal Distance: f=4.6-46mm (35mm Equiv.: 28-280mm)
- Lens: LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR, 11 elements in 9 groups (3 Aspherical Lenses / 4 Aspherical surfaces ,1ED lens)(3 Aspherical Lenses / 4 Aspherical surfaces ,1ED lens)
- Optical Image Stabilizer: MEGA O.I.S. (Mode1/ Mode2)
- Focusing Area Normal: Wide 50cm/ Tele 200cm - infinity, Macro / Simple mode / Intelligent ISO / Motion Picture / Clipboard: Wide 5cm/Tele(excepted tele end) 200cm - infinity, Tele Macro (at tele end) : 100cm - infinity
- Focus Auto Focus System, Normal/Macro (Dial), Continuous AF On/Off
- Scene Mode: Simple, Normal image, Macro,SCN1, SCN2 (Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Self-portrait, Food, Party, Candle, Fireworks, Starry Sky, Beach, Aerial photo, Snow, High Sensitivity, Baby1, Baby2, Underwater, Sunset, Pet ),Motion Picture, Playback, Clipboard, Print, Intelligent ISO
- Burst Shooting Mode: Full-Resolution Image, 3 frames/sec or 2 frames/secFull-resolution: Max. 7 images (Standard mode), Max. 5 images (Fine Mode)
- Built-in-Flash: Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off0.6 - 4.2m (Wide/ISO Auto), 0.3 - 2.8m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- LCD Monitor: 3.0inch Polycrystalline TFT LCD Display (230K Pixels) Field of View : approx. 100per cent, Power LCD mode, High angle mode
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 105.0 x 59.2 x 36.7 mm (4.20 x 2.37 x 1.47 inch)
- Weight: 257g