Excellent price for this camera as elsewhere it is: -
Clifton Cameras £299.99
CJR Digital £279.99
SRS Microsystems £289.00
Use 20CAMERA to buy at this price
- Versatile 24x optical zoom for wide angle and powerful telephoto shots, with an enormous zoom range from 26 to 624mm (35mm equiv.) to accomodate a range of subjects, making the X70 an expert all-rounder.
- Incredible digital zoom up to 150x magnification (3900mm in 35mm terms) thanks to Intelligent Zoom and using 640 x 480 pixel resolution.
- Sensor shift shake-reduction sustem up to approx 3 shutter stops
- High-speed continuous shooting up to 11 frames per second and up to 21 images in succession (when the image is fixed at 5 MP resolution).
- Auto-Tracking AF mode
- 1/2.33 CCD Sensor with 12 Megapixel resolution and a high-performance imaging engine. Lifelike colours, finely detailed results for cropped enlargements and poster sized prints.
- High-Definition Quality video at 1280 x 720 pixel, 15 frames per second wit anti-shake protection.
- Photographic style exposure modes including: Programmed AE, Aperture-Priority AE, Shutter-Priority AE, Metered Manual modes
- Auto Picture mode detects the subject type and adjusts the settings automatically for the best shot easily. Automatic chooses from 7 subject modes.
- 20 Shooting mode for easy selection the best settings for the subject type
- Super-fast Face Recognition AF&AE function up to 32 faces in focus in approx. 0.03 seconds
- Smile Capture function
- Blinking Detection function
- Auto sensitivity control, up to a super-high ISO 6400
- Large, easy-to-view 2.7-inch colour monitor with Anti-Reflection coating
- Electronic viewfinder
- Choice of image ratios 4:3, 3:2, 16:9 or 1:1
- 1cm Macro mode for stunning close-up shots
- Digital Wide function stitches 2 images to make one super-wide image.
- Triple Shake Reduction: CCD Sensor Shift, High ISO, and Movie SR.
- Interval Timer. Automatically fires the shutter at pre-set intervals.
- Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual exposure modes.
- Low Reflection 2.7 LCD Monitor with 230,000 dots.
With its extensive coverage from wide angle to super telephoto, the extra-powerful zoom lens of the Pentax X70 captures images more brilliantly and in greater detail!
- High power 24x optical zoom lens with 26mm wide angle coverage to optimize 12.0 effective megapixel image quality:
The Pentax X70 comes equipped with an extra-powerful 24-times optical zoom lens covering focal lengths from 26mm wide angle to 624mm super telephoto (in the 35mm format) to optimize the image quality of 12.0 effective megapixels. By combining this zoom lens with the Intelligent Zoom function, you can also magnify your subject up to an astonishing 150 times (or 3900mm in the 35mm format) without compromising image quality. Thanks to this high-power zoom lens, you can now capture large, well-defined images of distant or unapproachable subjects, such as animals.
- Macro mode for close range shooting from 1cm away:
The Pentax X70's macro mode lets you approach the subject to as close as one centimeter away, to capture fine-detailed, close-up images with ease.
- Triple anti-shake protection to capture blur-free images with high-power zoom lens:
Even when recording still images or movie clips in the super-telephoto range of the 24X zoom lens, the X70's triple anti-shake protection effectively minimizes the adverse effects of camera shake and subject shake.
- Comprehensive ani-shake system:
CCD-shift-type SR (Shake Reduction) mode to assure blur-free still images
High-sensitivity SR (Shake Reduction) mode to prevent blurred images in the dark
Movie SR (Shake Reduction) mode to capture blur-free movie clips
- Super high-speed continuous shooting at 11 images per second to capture cedisive moments:
With the Pentax X70, you keep shooting the subject at a speed of 11 images and up to 21 images in a single sequence. Coupled with the auto-tracking AF mode, which keeps the subject in focus even when it moves around in the image field, it lets you clearly and sharply capture once-in-a-lifetime shutter opportunities of active subjects and sports scenes.
- High-quality movie clips in High Definition to TV proportions:
To optimize the capability of its 24-times optical zoom lens and the image quality assured by its 12.0 effective megapixels, the X70 lets you capture beautiful movie clips at sizes up to 1280 x 720 pixels and at 16:9 high-definition TV proportions.
- Flexible multi exposure mode system offering dial selection of "Aperture priority" and "Shutter priority" AE mdes:
The X70 features a responsive exposure-mode selection system matching that of digital SLR cameras. Just turn the mode dial to your desired shooting mode from Programmed AE, Aperture-Priority AE, Shutter-Priority AE and Metered Manual to accommodate different subjects and scenes or to realize your creative intentions in the images.
- Auto face recognition to capture up to 32 faces beautifully in sharp focus:
The X70's super-high-speed Face-Recognition AF & AE function captures as many as 32 faces beautifully and in crisp focus and in an astonishing 0.03 seconds. Its Smile Capture function automatically releases the shutter the instant it detects the subject's smile. Its Blink Detection function even warns you when the subject's eyes close at the time of shutter release. All these functions combined, you are assured of beautiful, lively, smiling faces with minimal effort on your part.
- Auto pictures mode with automatic selection of seven shooting modes for beautiful results with point and shoot simplicity:
The X70's advanced Auto Picture mode automatically selects the most appropriate shooting mode from seven distinctive modes (Program, Landscape, Portrait, Night Scene Portrait, Night Scene, Sport and Flower) for a given subject or scene. This user-friendly mode helps you to preserve your precious moments with great ease.
- Over exposure compensation to prevent white washed images in harsh sunlight:
The X70 features an overexposure compensation function to prevent white-washed images lacking detail, gradation and color, which are often caused by harsh sunlight. Even in outdoor shooting under strong sunshine, this function minimizes undesirable whitewashed areas in the subject or background to produce beautiful, fine-detailed images.
- Auto tracking AF to maintain constant focus on active subjects for timely shutter release:
Once the subject is captured in focus, the X70's auto-tracking AF mode keeps it in focus, even when it moves around in the image field. By eliminating the need for frequent refocusing, this lets you effortlessly capture the decisive moment, even when the subject is an active child or unpredictable pet.
- Mode pallet to offer instant setting of desired shooting and playback modes via simple icon selection:
. Shooting mode palette:
The X70 features a user-friendly shooting mode palette to simplify the troublesome mode-selection process. Simply select an icon corresponding to the desired mode on the screen, and the X70 takes care of the rest for you to produce beautiful images, frame after frame.
. Playback mode palette:
The X70's playback mode palette offers a set of icons corresponding to the image-editing and photo-retouching functions available after shooting, including trimming and resizing tools and digital filters. It assures quick, effortless setting of the desired function to facilitate image-processing operations.
- Digital filters to add a personal touch for creative expression:
Since the X70 incorporates an array of digital filters, including black & white, sepia, color, soft, color extraction and fish-eye, you can easily add creative and artistic touches to your images one of the great benefits available only to digital photography.
-World time and calendar functions for on the road convenience around the globe:
. World-time clock to display standard time in 28 time zones:
The X70's built-in clock is a handy tool on your overseas trips, since it provides real-time display of standard time in 75 cities in 28 time zones around the world. You can even check the time difference between your home town and travel destination on the menu screen.
. Calendar function for day-by-day display of captured images:
Since the X70's calendar function automatically files captured images into day-by-day folders, you can instantly recall the images recorded on a particular day by selecting that day on the calendar screen. This feature allows you to keep accurate track of a trip or past events.