Key to PES 2008 is a proprietary adaptive A.I. system entitled Teamvision - an advanced A.I. programming that learns and adapts according to an individual's style of play. Teamvision will build attacks and counter specific movements such as previous attacks or defensive errors, ensuring games are more in line with the real thing. Set-pieces have been improved with the addition of a number of new options, including full control over the number of players and the position of the defensive wall.
With the Pro Evolution Soccer series renowned for its fluid, realistic gameplay, PES 2008 builds on the implementation of Teamvision with additional key advances The new A.I. ensures that defenders work to close down space and block efforts on goal, with shot timing still left entirely down to the player. Close control has also been enhanced when dribbling the ball, and a number of subtle moves added to bypass defenders and move the ball into space.
Player detail has been taken to incredible levels in the next-gen versions with full facial animation and the high-definition detail afforded by the hardware used to show full movement and subtle details.
* All New 'Teamvision' A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) System
* Improved A.I. for Defenders and Attackers
* Enhanced Close Control system enabling more control of the ball when dribbling
* Improved Set Pieces - players now have full control over the defensive wall
* Increased Player detail with full facial animation
* Extensive Edit mode including players, kits, badges and stadium names
* Brand new commentary by John Champion and Mark Lawrenson