RELEASE September 17, 2010.
The Phantasy Star series returns to the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system for an exciting new adventure, bringing all new content and returning the series back to its online roots. Picking up three years after the exciting Phantasy Star Universe saga, Phantasy Star Portable 2 brings the series to its conclusion as players take on the role of mercenary to save the Gurhal system.
Phantasy Star Portable 2 offers a gigantic dose of original content from new combat moves and weapons to new character customisation options. New to the Phantasy Star Portable franchise, online play through Infrastructure mode and enhanced social interactivity adds to the adventure for fans and newcomers alike.
Fans of the acclaimed Phantasy Star Universe series can now explore Gurhal on-the-go via the PSP system. Up to four friends will team up to unravel the exclusive new storyline that picks up where Phantasy Star Universe ends and before the start of PSU: Ambition of the Illuminus. The infestation of the alien SEED was thought to be under control by the end of Phantasy Star Universe, but a new menace has stricken the Gurhal system. Alongside a new character named Vivienne, players must investigate the contamination and clear out the affected wildlife. In this intriguing new installment, players will delve deeper than ever before into the mysteries of Phantasy Star Universe.
* Join new character Vivienne as you investigate a mysterious new contamination and seek to clear out affected wildlife to put a stop to the danger
* Port in your character from the Phantasy Star Portable downloadable demo or create a new custom avatar with the rich character creation system
* Collect more than 150 new items and keep track of them in the new record book feature
* Discover new characters and a new storyline designed to provide a rewarding gaming experience for longtime fans and new players
* Share the excitement with up to three friends via wireless gameplay