Philips Wake Up Light Alarm Clock £66.00 delivered with free supersaver delivery. Most places with similar prices seem to be out of stock on this item. RRP is £100.00
Great for these cold, dark winter mornings.
Philips Wake-up Light - Start your day full of energy with the light that wakes you naturally.
Now you can get rid of your noisy alarm and rise a new way: easily and energetically with simulated sunlight just the way nature intended, thanks to the new Wake-Up Light from Philips. The light gradually brightens to emulate natural sunrise, positively affecting energy hormones to wake you more naturally than and with as much energy as on a sunny morning.
Up to 400 Lux for both natural awakening and easy reading
The Wake-up Light (HF 3461) offers up to 400 Lux light intensity. It has been clinically proven that you need up to 250 Lux to affect energy hormones in such a way that you wake up full of energy. For easy reading, you need a light level of 300 to 400 Lux.
How does it work?
* Set your wake-up time and your preferred light intensity and volume setting before you go to sleep.
* From half an hour before your set wake-up time, light gradually increases to the intensity you selected (250 Lux advised).
* The light brightens at an optimum rate, following a special curve proven to be most effective.
* The light falls on your eyes, sending your brain a message to increase the production of cortisol, the energy hormone.
* This means that at the set alarm time your sleep and energy hormones are better balanced, and you'll feel more energetic right from the start of the day.
* At your set wake-up the sound will come on very quietly, and will also increase gradually until it reaches the required volume.