One of the first things people notice about a person is their smile. Thats one reason its important to look after your teeth and gums you only get one chance to make a first impression. But brushing your teeth also gives you a healthy mouth, and that can make an impression thats much more important than the first: a healthy body.
Research shows that your oral health can significantly contribute to your overall health. Especially the health of your gums. Gum disease has been linked to a variety of conditions that affect the entire body. One recent study showed that bacterial by products present in diseased gums can hurt the heart once they enter the bloodstream. In fact, there is growing research that says people with severe gum disease have a significantly greater risk of stroke or heart attack. Were also seeing studies that show a link between gum disease and diabetes. People with diabetes are more susceptible to gum disease. In turn, gum disease makes diabetes harder to control. Its a harmful cycle thats centred in the mouth. But what if there is more than one mouth to worry about? Most pregnant women have heightened oral care issues, and certain pregnant women with severe gum disease are more likely to deliver a preterm low birth weight baby. This risk can be significantly reduced, however, by treatment before the third trimester.
Philips Sonicare HX6952 Electric Toothbrush Twin Pack
From the makers of the number one recommended power toothbrush brand by dental professionals, Philips Sonicare introduces FlexCare Rechargeable Sonic Toothbrush, the most advanced power toothbrush ever. Featuring a new innovative technology, FlexCare removes more plaque than a manual toothbrush and even Sonicare Elite. The integrated ultraviolet (UV) Sanitizer removes up to 99 percent of bacteria* on your toothbrush.
The Philips Sonicare brand is not only a leader in oral health care, but is also backed by more than 140 publications and abstracts representing clinical and laboratory studies conducted at more than 40 universities and research institutes worldwide. Philips Sonicare power toothbrushes are proven to promote and improve oral health, from reducing plaque build-up to improving overall gum health. They also have demonstrated the ability to increase patient compliance to oral health and hygiene regimens between dental visits. Philips Sonicare is the number-one sonic toothbrush brand recommended by dental professionals worldwide.
* The new Philips HX6952 ProResults brush head has been designed with broader sweeping motion and contour fit bristles for increased tooth coverage
* Philips HX6952 is a dual pack with a UV sanitizer to kill germs on your brush head for hygienic storage of toothbrush heads and optimum results
* Philips Sonicare is clinically proven to remove significantly more plaque, FlexCare ProResult brush head provides better, comfort-enhanced brushing experience
* Philips Sonicare HX6952 comes with soft travel bag, dual handles, FlexCare ProResult brush head and UV sanitizer for all in one pack for you and your partner
* With two year guarantee, 3 Flexible brushing modes and 2 Personalised cleaning routines this electric toothbrush pack is all you want for a perfect oral care