Anyone looking to stream their media from a PC or NAS could do worse than order the Pinnacle Wireless ShowCenter 200 for only £86.39 from Play.com.
Yes I know it's got no HDMI output but so what? I've got a CRT with Scart input so it'll do me. The important thing for me is that it's been around a while and had some firmware upgrades so Pinnacle are still supporting it, plus there's a lot of other knowledge and support available generally on the internet. It's also possible to replace the firmware with other interfaces like Swisscenter and will work with TVersity. I want to stream movies from a Buffalo Linkstation without having a PC on.
* The ShowCenter 200 player delivers optimum video and audio
* The A/V connectivity is equivalent to a premium quality DVD-player
* SCART 21-pin connector (Europe-only, also known as Peritel connector or Euroconnector) with composite, Y/C, RGB, stereo audio
* Component video output (''YPrPb'', 3 x RCA)
* Composite video output (1 x RCA)
* Y/C (''S-Video'') video output (1 x Hosiden)
* Stereo audio outputs (Line-Out) (2 x RCA)
* Additional stereo audio output (for separate connection to stereo system) (2 x RCA)
* Digital audio outputs, both optical (1 x Toslink) and electrical (S/PDIF 1 x RCA)
* Ethernet RJ-45 (100BASE-T) with associated connection/data LEDs
* Integrated Wi-Fi 802.11b/g interface with built-in antenna
* Power cable connector
* IR receiver
* USB connector on front panel
* Switches and Indicators
* Power button on front panel
* LED for standby or power ON mode
* LED on front of ShowCenter indicates a new media file is ready
* Supported File Formats
* Music: MP3, MPEG-1 layer 2 (MPA), PCM WAV, WMA.
* Incompatible audio files (such as WMA Lossless, WMA Pro) will be converted to MP3 at 192kbit/s.
* Video: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-2 VOB, MPEG-4 AVI, XviD, WMV9
* HD Video: WM9 HD up to 1080i, WM9 HD up to 1080i with DRM, MPEG-2 HD up to 720p, MPEG-4 HD AVI up to 720p
* Incompatible video files (such as DV) will be converted to a ShowCenter compatible format as set by the user.
* Images: JPEG, BMP, PNG, and GIF. All portrait-oriented image files are rotated by 90° as defined in the ShowCenter 200 database
* The pictures are optimised on the fly for TV screen display and stored as a copy in JPEG format, preserving the original image file
* A software colour correction and flicker filter is selectable from the ShowCenter 200 player.
* Video standards for A/V outputs:
* PAL 25 fps full D1 720 x 576 interlaced
* NTSC 29.97 fps full DV 720 x 480 interlaced
* HD 480p, HD 720p, HD 1080i
* Physical Specifications:
* Dimensions: 300 x 230 x 40 mm
* Weight: 2.4 kg
* Minimum System Requirements:
* Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz or equivalent AMD Athlon CPU or Celeron/Duron 1.2 GHz
* 256 MB RAM
* EIDE hard disk with minimum 10 GB free space
* DirectX 8 (or higher) compatible graphics
* DirectX 9 or higher compatible sound controllers
* CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
* 802.11b/g for wireless connection or 10/100BASE-T for wired Ethernet connection
* Windows XP (Professional or Home edition) or Windows 2000
* Service Pack 2 or higher
* Recommended System:
* Intel Pentium 4, 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1800
* 512 MB RAM
* UDMA hard drive with 80 GB or more disk space
* DirectX 9 (or higher) compatible graphics and sound controller
* CD or DVD recorder
* 802.11g for wireless connection or 100BASE-T for wired Ethernet connection
* Windows XP Home or Professional edition Service Pack 1 or higher
Pinnacle ShowCenter is a bridge between your PC and your home entertainment system. It comes complete with the ShowCenter player, remote control, and Pinnacle MediaManager software so you can enjoy the entire realm of digital media. Stream your stored PC files and your Internet purchased premium content music right into your living room.
High Definition Photos and Video
The ultimate in crystal-clear pictures and CD quality sound! Enjoy High Definition output of your photo slide shows, videos, HD camcorder movies, and HD videos captured from TV broadcasts. Your high-megapixel digital camera photos will look sharper than ever on the big screen. Turn them into slide shows, complete with subtitles and background music.
Access To Premium Content
No more reloading your CD player. Pinnacle ShowCenter 200 gives you access to digital rights-protected (DRM) music that you've purchased online so you can watch or listen to them on your home theatre system, TV or stereo.
Handy USB Placement
A USB port on the front panel of the ShowCenter player makes it simple to watch or listen to your digital entertainment or connect your digital camera, external drive, or USB drive.
Easy Setup and Usability
Connect to your PC or home network with a wired or a wireless connection - integrated 802.11g wireless support gives you a choice. The Quickstart wizard leads you step-by-step through setup.
Control the Personal Video Recorder (PVR) features on your Pinnacle PCTV tuner card (purchased separately) from the ShowCenter unit in your living room without any subscription fees. Use the remote control to record your favourite shows directly from ShowCenter. Timeshifting lets you fast forward past commercials, rewind and replay your program.
Includes support for analogue, satellite, and DVB-T digital video broadcasting standards.
Pinnacle ShowCenter 200
2 AA batteries 1.5 V for remote control
CD-ROM with drivers and applications
ShowCenter User Manual
ShowCenter Quick Start Guide