Using advanced motion sensors and the PlayStation Eye Camera, your every movement is mimicked on-screen in breathtaking Blu-ray powered HD. Take core gaming to a new level or bring your whole family in on the adventure with a title line up that will excite every gamer.
The PlayStation Move motion controller will be made available as a standalone peripheral at launch. Great news for PS3 owners who already have a PlayStation Eye camera, as well as PlayStation Move fans who want to compete with friends in multiplayer games or make the most of games that support dual motion controllers.
PlayStation Move offers a new and innovative gaming experience for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system by fusing realistic, high-definition gaming along with accurate, intuitive control. Consisting of PlayStation Move motion controller, PlayStation Move Navigation controller and PlayStation Eye camera*, PlayStation Move enables sophisticated motion control and immersive gameplay only possible on the PS3 system. Concurrent with the release of the PlayStation Move components, both Sony and third-party game developers will release a slew of PlayStation Move compatible games designed to meet the tastes of casual and hard-core gamers alike.
PlayStation Move logo
PlayStation Move controller front view
PlayStation Move controller.
Unmatched Motion-based Controller Accuracy
The cornerstone of the PlayStation Move system, the PlayStation Move motion controller combines advanced motion sensors, a dynamic color changing sphere, vibration feedback, and an easy to use button interface to provide the ultimate in motion-based gaming. Equipped with a three axis gyroscope, a three axis accelerometer and terrestrial magnetic field sensor, PlayStation Move motion controller tracks the precise movements and the angle of the controller. The PS3 system also detects the absolute position of the controller in 3D space by using PlayStation Eye camera. Highly sensitive movement tracking can be accurately traced back to the game, allowing intuitive gameplay as if the player is within the game. The PlayStation Move also features the familiar PlayStation controller button orientation, for seamless play from the very first use.
* Works with PlayStation Eye camera to accurately track player position.
* Includes action buttons of DualShock 3 and Sixaxis wireless controller for direct input.
* Sleek and Wireless.
* Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery.
* Advanced motion sensors in the controller precisely track both fast and subtle movements.
* Color of the sphere's light provides visual feedback during gameplay.
* Vibration feedback is felt during specific actions.
* Bluetooth technology supports wireless gaming.
* Simultaneously use up to four motion controllers with a PS3 system.
* Charge the controller and automatically pair it with the PS3 system via a USB cable (Type A - Mini-B).
* Users will need to use the PlayStation Eye camera to enjoy PlayStation Move motion controller on PS3.