Came across this while looking for a portable heater for the winter months (the room I need it in has no central heating.)
The Tower Cvr1501 heater distributes warmth evenly around the room, thanks to its oscillating base and ceramic plates. It has 2 heat settings and built in thermostat.
* Oscillating Ceramic Heater
* with thermostat
* 2 speed
Positive temperature co-efficient - PTC heating elements are small ceramic stones with self temperature limiting characteristics. PTC stones have fast heating response times and plateau once the pre-defined reference temperature is reached. The shape of these stones can be be designed to be square, rectangular, round, ring or doughnut style. Above the reference temperature, the semiconducting and ferro-electrical properties of the ceramic are utilized to produce a rise in resistance of several orders of magnitude, and hence produce it's self limiting properties.
PTC Features & Benefits
* Safe through temperature limiting characteristics
* Dynamic, self regulating, and therefore energy efficient
* All voltages from 12 V to 240 V; special voltage applications up to 800 V
* Dual voltages 12-24 V, 100-240 V
* PTC surface temperatures can be set from 40° C / 104° F to 280° C / 536° F
* Temperature tolerances +/- 5° C
* Compact design
* High power densitity
* Long lifetime
* UL, CSA and VDE recognised
* Custom configurations available in regards to size, inrush current, temperature, voltage, and power output
Video demo available on the site.