Pre-order for the 20/3/2009, great price for the collectors edition plus quidco, was £24.99 although Shopto have it at rrp £29.99
Set in the weeks after "Resistance: Fall of Man," Resistance: Retribution follows the story of former British Marine James Grayson. After a personal tragedy - he is forced to kill his own brother inside a Chimeran conversion centre - Grayson goes on a vendetta to destroy every conversion centre he can find. Eventually Grayson learns that his efforts have been futile... in Western Europe the Chimera have evolved a new method of converting humans to aliens. The European resistance - the Maquis - enlist Grayson's help, and he joins Cartwright and Parker in Operation Overstrike. The war to retake the European continent has begun.
* Collector's Edition contents:
* Resistance: Retribution game art - 4 concept art postcards included in the box
* Exclusive Resistance: Retribution theme for your PSP system, available to download FREE from PlayStation Store using the enclosed PlayStation Network promotion code
* Game features:
* Game - A third-person action-adventure game created specifically for PSP that bridges "Resistance: Fall of Man" and "Resistance 2."
* Storyline - Dramatic storyline set against the battle to retake the European continent, follows a single soldier's grim determination to avenge his fallen brother.
* Engine - Utilises Bend Studio's third generation PSP engine that allows for more enemies on screen, more detailed characters with higher resolution bitmaps and specular highlights, and a memory buffer system that allows for larger and more detailed worlds.
* Revolutionary Targeting System - Advanced third-person targeting system designed specifically for the PSP.
* Portability - Liberal checkpoint system makes the title ideal for small bursts of gameplay perfect for the on-the-go gamer.
* Weaponry - Weapons include favourites from "Resistance: Fall of Man" like the Auger, Carbine, and LAARK, as well as new weapons based on hybrid Alien/Human technology - including the BM001 Razor and the Longbow 1S-1K "One Shot, One Kill" sniper rifle.
* Enemies - Over 10 different types of enemies, including Chimera from "Resistance 2" and "Resistance: Fall of Man" - including the Titan, Slipskull, Hybrids and Leapers - and all new enemies like the Hag and Cloven.
* Multiplayer - Intense eight-player multiplayer gameplay with five game modes including Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Containment and Assimilation available via ad-hoc and infrastructure.
* Resistance Franchise - Web based franchise that ties into the Resistance franchise web portal.