This bundle consists of:
* Mass Effect
* Gears of War 2
Mass Effect is a science fiction action-RPG from BioWare Corp., the commercially and critically acclaimed RPG developer of Jade Empire, Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights, and the Baldur's Gate series. Mass Effect will deliver an immersive story driven gameplay experience with stunning visual fidelity. Published by Microsoft Game Studios, Mass Effect will be exclusively for the Xbox 360 video game system.
As the first human Specter – sworn defenders of galactic peace – your mission in Mass Effect is to halt the advancing armies of a legendary agent gone rogue. But as you lead your elite team across hostile alien worlds, you will discover the true threat is far greater than anyone imagined.
Mass Effect Features:
* Immersive RPG: Determine the fate of mankind in Mass Effect as you lead an elite tactical strike force through an epic galaxy-wide conflict. Mass Effect takes player into new depths of action-roleplaying, with choice-based gameplay.
* Rich and engaging storyline: While defending galactic peace and earning a position of respect for humanity in the community, Mass Effect players discover that a greater conflict between organic life and artificial intelligence exists. Players' decisions and actions in Mass Effect serve to shape the destiny of all life in the galaxy as you become absorbed in the story that is Mass Effect,the first game in an epic trilogy from BioWare. In Mass Effect, players become the center of an engrossing story as they battle against alien life forms to save the galaxy from threatening armies.
* Control the ultimate fate of the galaxy: In Mass Effect, player's decisions and actions shape the destiny of all life in the galaxy, while raising humanity to the pinnacle of galactic civilization via noble means or via tyranny.
* Real-time squad based combat: Mass Effect employs a real-time, squad based, tactical combat system. Mass Effect players will be immersed in intense, challenging and exciting combat.
* Explore uncharted worlds: In addition to Mass Effect's main story arc, Mass Effect sees players visiting a large number of uncharted, unexplored planets not directly tied to the main story. At any time during Mass Effect, a player can choose to explore one of these planets in an all-terrain rover in order to discover new alien life, resources, ruined civilisations and powerful technologies.
* Digital actors: Mass Effect features a huge cast of in-engine digital actors that you will encounter as NPCs, enemies or as party members. Each has lifelike facial and body movements, and an advanced dialogue system gives them engaging personalities.
* Character customisation: Mass Effect players will be able to choose from a variety of stunning, photo-realistic character appearances at the start of the game, and throughout the game can increase various statistics which will have an impact on their performance during gameplay. Equipment, weapons and armor that are acquired during the course of Mass Effect will change the appearance of the characters.
* Next-generation gaming defined: Mass Effect takes advantage of Xbox 360's hardware providing gamers with exciting new experiences, including photo-realistic, high definition graphics on an epic scale. As the future of gaming goes online, features including premium downloadable content and recognition of achievement will be available via Xbox Live.
Gears of War 2
BAFTA MaskShortlist game for the GAME Award of 2008
More about the BAFTA Video Games Awards
Exclusive to Xbox 360, Gears of War 2 sees players continue as Marcus Fenix, a reluctant war hero and leader of Delta Squad, six months after the events of Gears of War. In Gears of War 2 the last cities on Sera are sinking, swallowed by a new Locust threat from below. A massive counterattack is humanity’s last hope for survival, making Gears of War 2 the bigger, better and more badass sequel that Gears of War fans have waited for!
Gears of War 2 on Xbox 360 Features:
* Unparalleled gameplay: Gears of War 2 takes the award-winning gameplay of the original and improves upon it in every way. The genre-defining cover system is further refined in Gears of War 2, making the stop-and-pop gameplay more intuitive. Dynamic cover is given new meaning in Gears of War 2 as downed opponents can be picked up and used as shields. The intimate violence of the battlefield is heightened when combatants engage in chainsaw duels. Destructible environments and vicious new finishing moves also add to the over-the-top Gears of War 2 experience.
* Jaw-dropping visuals: Gears of War 2 on Xbox 360 continues to raise the graphics bar through its breathtaking visual effects, made possible through advances in Unreal Engine 3.
* Engaging experience: Gears of War 2 on Xbox 360 pulls you in and won’t let go, with deep and immersive storytelling that sees players connect with humanity’s battle for survival on a personal level. In Gears of War 2, players move through a story that introduces new characters and sheds light on the histories of familiar ones.
* Expanded cooperative play: Team up with a friend to fight through the harrowing story of Delta Squad in Gears of War 2's enhanced campaign mode, now featuring drop-in/drop-out gameplay, as well as individual player difficulty options. Or recruit four friends to battle in Gears of War 2's new mode Horde, where you’ll fight together to fend off a seemingly endless onslaught of Locust forces to attain the highest score!
* Fierce and varied competitive multiplayer: Gears of War 2 features eight distinct multiplayer modes, including the new Wingman, Guardian and Submission modes, where up to 10 Gears 2 players choose a side and pit their courage and battlefield mettle directly against others. In addition, multiplayer bots are a new addition for Gears of War 2 designed to sharpen your skills offline or to fill out your online private matches on Xbox LIVE.
* Party system and skill-based online matchmaking: New to Gears of War 2 is a party system that allows players to form a full or partial team with friends and continue together from match to match without the need to reform after each game. Gears of War 2 also supports a skill-based online matchmaking system, powered by TrueSkill, which groups Gears of War 2 players of similar skill level together in competitive Xbox Live multiplayer matches.