These are quite a neat idea - I haven't had the need to use mine in anger yet but for the price I think they're worth having. The ratchet spanners alone would cost nearly as much.
From the website:
The Halfords Advanced Professional Through Socket & Ratchet Spanner Set is a 28 piece set, where the sockets integrate into the ratchet handle, reducing the overall height, allowing you to access tight areas. The unique ratchet drive increase torque strength and the fully polished chrome vanadium steel offers superior performance.
Features & Benefits
* Fully polished chrome vanadium steel for superior performance
* Unique ratchet drive increases torque strength
* Includes metric and AF (imperial) sockets, ratchet & ratchet spanners
* Sockets integrate into ratchet handle reducing overall height to access tighter spaces
what's in the box
* 1 x 3/8" Drive Extension Bar
* 1 x 3/8" Drive Ratchet
* 2 x Ratchet Adaptors
* 7 x Metric Ratchet Spanners: 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 17 & 19mm
* 7 x 3/8" AF Drive Through Sockets: 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4"
* 10 x 3/8" Metric Drive Through Sockets: 10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19mm