For sale at this price in Nottingham 16th June (not sure if this is nationwide)
No pics so someone else will need to confirm unless I buy and post receipt
You step out onto the streets of New York with no memory, but limitless potential power. As a terrifying viral epidemic sweeps across Manhattan, top-secret Blackwatch Special Forces move in, transforming it into a war zone. Delve into the mysteries of your origin, the true nature of your power and your part in a conspiracy 40 years in the making.
In Prototype players engage in 'Deceive or Destroy' gameplay. This allows gamers the choice to either blend in with the population and covertly progress through the story, or fully unleash Alexs powers, and move through New York City like a walking slaughterhouse, taking control of military vehicles, and causing destruction at every turn.
Although Alex is literally strong enough to fling people and large objects around easily, his most intriguing power is his ability to 'consume' people. In doing this he acquires their memories, abilities, and their appearance. New memories help him to solve the mystery of how he got the way he is, while new appearances allow him to shape-shift into new useful forms at will and abilities allow him to manoeuvre in parts of the game requiring specific skills in specific situations. In addition, Alex's consumption of people also facilitates his ability to transform his physical body and manipulate his senses. Most weapons acquired in this way are outgrowths from his appendages like exaggerated blades, shields, whips and claws used for brutal close combat, but consumption also allows for powerful abilities like thermal vision, which provides for vision through smoke and obstacles, as well as 'infected vision' with which Alex can detect hotspots of viral infection throughout the city.
- Fast and Deadly Combat - Shape-shift your body to the situation at hand ... from claws to blades to hammers to whips, as you choose the right weapon for the situation. Change to shield or armour for defence or use advanced sensory powers (thermal vision, infected vision) to track your enemies.
- Over-the-top Locomotion - Seamlessly and fluidly bound from building to building, run up walls, bounce off cars and everything in your path. Adaptive parkour lets you move freely through the open-world environments of New York City.
- Unique Disguising Abilities - Consume anyone at anytime, take on their appearance and assume their memories and special abilities.
- Deep Conspiracy Driven Storyline - Wake up with no memory of the past ... just mysterious powers and a link to a town in Idaho. Delve into the mysteries of your origin, the true nature of your power and your part in a conspiracy 40 years in the making.
- Parkour Inspired In-game Movement - Alex Mercer's movements are inspired by Parkour, a mostly urban activity bordering on both art and martial arts that aims at moving the human body from one point to another as smoothly, efficiently and quickly as possible. Recent examples of it gained worldwide attention in chase scenes in the 2007 film "Casino Royale."
- Xbox LIVE Achievements - Collect a wealth of Xbox LIVE achievements and build your gamer score as you play.
- Deadly Shape-Shifting Action: Alex Mercer is a shape-shifter with amazing powers of combat, destruction and deception
- A Fresh Take on a Stale Genre: Taking the open-world genre to breathtaking new heights, PROTOTYPE is an original IP featuring Alex Mercer, an all-new anti-hero framed within a conspiracy-drenched storyline that gives open-world/action games a fresh and well deserved kick in the pants
- 'Deceive or Destroy' Gameplay: PROTOTYPE's 'Deceive or Destroy' gameplay allows players the choice to either blend in with the crowded population and covertly progress through the story, or fully unleash Alex's powers, moving through New York City as a walking slaughterhouse - shape-shifting in plain sight, consuming civilians on the street, commandeering military vehicles, including Apache helicopters and Abrams tanks and causing destruction at every turn
- Unprecedented Locomotion and Agility: Being more than human, nothing in PROTOTYPE's bustling New York City setting is an obstacle for Alex. Players will vault over hundreds of cars, run vertically up the sides of skyscrapers, scale huge distances in single jumps and more
- New York City Hunting Ground: PROTOTYPE's open-world playground is New York City done right! The city is jam-packed with thousands of pedestrians, hundreds of cars and is truly a bustling, thriving representation of the world's most famous city
- Developer Pedigree: No stranger to the open-world game development space, Radical Entertainment is the developer behind PROTOTYPE, and touts a wide catalog of successful titles, including the highly acclaimed The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Simpsons Hit & Run and Scarface: The World is Yours.