as part of mega monday you can pick up steelbook version for under a tenna.
Hailed as one of the most influential suspense movies of its time, Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho had a profound effect on how future filmmakers made movies and shaped audience expectations for generations to come. To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of one of Universal Studios’ most treasured and prestigious films, Psycho will debut for the first time ever on Blu-ray Hi-Def.
Meticulously restored for perfect digital picture and the purest DTS HD 5.1 digital sound, the Psycho 50th Anniversary Edition takes audiences on a thrilling journey as an unsuspecting victim (Janet Leigh, The Manchurian Candidate, Bye Bye Birdie) visits the Bates Motel and falls prey to one of the silver screen’s most notorious psychopaths – Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins, Murder on the Orient Express, Les Miserables). Featuring one of the most iconic scenes in film history – the infamous “shower scene” – Psycho continues to terrify audiences today as much as it did half a century ago.
* 20-page 'Making of Psycho' booklet
* Psycho Sound: A never-before-seen piece that looks at the re-mastering process required to create a 5.1 mix from the original mono elements using Audionamix technology.
* The Shower Scene: A look at the impact of music on the infamous "shower scene."
* The Making of Psycho: A feature-length documentary on Hitchcock's most shocking film.
* In the Master's Shadow - Hitchcock's Legacy: Some of Hollywood's top filmmakers discuss Hitchcock's influence and why his movies continue to thrill audiences.
* Hitchcock/Truffaut Interviews: Excerpts from a 1962 audio interview with Alfred Hitchcock.
* Feature-length audio commentary with Stephen Rebello (Author of "Alfred Hitchcock and the making of Psycho")
* Vintage newsreel on the unique policy Alfred Hitchcock insisted upon for the release of the film.
* Storyboards by Saul Bass
* Production Notes
* The Psycho Archives
* Posters And Psycho Ads
* Lobby Cards: View a gallery of promotional lobby cards from the film's theatrical campaign.
* Behind-The-Scenes Photographs
* Theatrical Trailer
* Re-Release Trailers