Quadrophenia (Special Edition) £3.95 at Base
Phil Daniels, Mark Wingett, Leslie Ash, Toyah Wilcox and Michael Elphick
Its the Mods versus the Rockers in this striking adaptation of the Whos classic rock opera about alienated youth in the 1960s. The film follows Jimmy (Phil Daniels) an angry young man who feels that he can only achieve a sense of identity and meaning in life through his gang and rock and roll music. This edgy time capsule also features Sting (in his acting debut), Leslie Ash, and Ray Winstone. In addition to Who songs such as Love, Reign Oer Me, The Real Me, and My Generation, the soundtrack includes R&B classics by James Brown, Marvin Gaye, and others. Acting debut for rock musician/performer Sting.
* Digitally remastered widescreen picture
* Brand new stereo audio track
* A Way Of Life : Making Quadrophenia – A restrospective documentary looking back 25 years to the making of one of the most significant ‘youth’ films to emerge in the UK
* On Location With Franc – Franc Roddam revisits several locations used in the film
* Audio Commentary – With director Franc Roddam and actors Phil Daniels and Leslie Ash.